+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boyfriend and Facebook problem

sadie_genie Guest
    I can't judge whether LDR will work or not. But it doesn't take a genius to know that he is hiding you. I sure hope you haven't put out yet or have given him anything precious. Don't waste your time and emotions by arguing with him. If a guy does not automatically want to show you off to the world without you mentioning it, he isn't really pumped about having you as a girlfriend. This kind of boyfriend is only going to step all over your self-esteem. As a woman, you want to feel wanted and valued, right? Do yourself a favor and leave him. Don't even give him the satisfaction of a breakup talk. Just stop talking to him.

Somebody wins the lottery from time to time. Doesn't mean that your lottery ticket is worth scratch.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

sadie_genie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    Somebody wins the lottery from time to time. Doesn't mean that your lottery ticket is worth scratch.
    She is automatically a winning ticket since she is the one with the vagina.

Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post
    She is automatically a winning ticket since she is the one with the vagina.
    I guess. I mean even Lindsay Lohan has a stalker.

Well, I'll be the grown-up and bow out of this, since arguing with people who think they know everything about everyone is a waste of my time. I'm truly sorry that your guys' thinking is so narrow...I hope you get better soon.

Oh, and I'll make certain to tell my long-term, long-distance boyfriend that according to some strangers who don't even know us on some insignificant Internet relationship forum, he and I have no chance at anything past the short term. I'm sure we'll have a great laugh together at the delusional superiority complex some people possess, so thank you for that.

Oops, wait, that's right...we're already past the short term. Ah, well...we'll still enjoy the laugh.

OP, as I said before, he's obviously hiding something. I hope you find someone who is more open about your relationship. Good luck to you.
    "Don't say you want me,
    Don't say you need me,
    Don't say you love me,
    It's understood..."

Quote Originally Posted by Khryalasi View Post
    Oh, and I'll make certain to tell my long-term, long-distance boyfriend that according to some strangers who don't even know us on some insignificant Internet relationship forum, he and I have no chance at anything past the short term. I'm sure we'll have a great laugh together at the delusional superiority complex some people possess, so thank you for that.
    It's Friday night. For all you know, he is cheating on you at this very moment.

I didn't say the usual relationship don't end or don't have issues. LDR's end most commonly because they can't be together in the physical sense and most realize that they want more out the relationship.

It's natural for a relationships to progress to a level that one wants to live together and eventually get married and have kids etc. LDR's are usually used by people who can't normally go out and date because of too shy or whatever. It's just way more easier IM and web cam. As for most people on here, the majority are kids and young people that don't have enough time and experience under their belt yet. THAT'S why they are here.

One possible analysis to the OP, he's been in a relationship before and pasted details all over facebook as he thought that this was the one and the feeling was more than mutual. A few months down the line it started to turn sour and what should have been an easy split turned out to be more protracted because of the facebook pictures and statuses and he was left wondering "is there still something here? facebook gives me a glimour of hope!" and a few more months pass by and he became stressed and anxious wondering why his once affectionate girlfriend can't give him the time of day but won't end it. Oh if it only wasn't for the fact she had herself down as being in a relationship...

He's now with the OP and rather than go through that would rather stay silent on the issue. Gives a bit more freedom to walk away if things go wrong. He may be able to put other girls pictures on there because they may just be friends (casual) and not a relationship (serious) and he's showing you he has nothing to hide... but maybe he wants to be 100% sure that everybody feels the same way and everything is going to be OK and passes a certain time before announcing you PUBLICLY to the world in front of all of his friends and their friends friends etc.

Nine months is a bit excessive though.

I also had a similar problem with my boyfriend and fb. We both have it in our status that we are in a relationship with one another, but I don't know if he knows this or not but I can see when he comments on other girls', that he doesn't know but added anyway, pics. The girls are wearing little to nothing and he always says something like 'sexy pic', I see you',' looking good.'

Takes notes from me, if you don't feel comfortable in the relationship(whether it's his fault or not) then just leave. It's really not worth it, honestly. And please dont let social networks run your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    I also had a similar problem with my boyfriend and fb. We both have it in our status that we are in a relationship with one another, but I don't know if he knows this or not but I can see when he comments on other girls', that he doesn't know but added anyway, pics. The girls are wearing little to nothing and he always says something like 'sexy pic', I see you',' looking good.'

Takes notes from me, if you don't feel comfortable in the relationship(whether it's his fault or not) then just leave. It's really not worth it, honestly. And please dont let social networks run your life.
    Finally someone that is making sense......

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    You can argue all you want. There are few success stories to LDRs. Too many are taken advantage of, as well the physical need to be together over takes it which is understandable. Relationships get to a point where they need to progress. And it's always not about their love not being strong enough. There are certain circumstances arise, and all the love in the world can't help you. It does has it challenges and for those few they make it work sure, but it gets to a point where phone calls and love emails don't cut it.....people do want more and when it gets to that point it is extremely painful. That pain can be too overwhelming and it just has to end. When it gets like that, it's not healthy.
    I know two personally... three counting myself. And that's just in my circle of friends and relatives. A friend of mine met a young lady online via ICQ about 12 years ago. Married her 10 years ago. Still married, still happy. My little brother and his wife separated when he went into the Marine Corps right out of HS. He came back about a year later and married her, still married 12 years later.

My wife and I spent nearly 9 years apart, and when we got back together, it was LD until I moved to be with her.

I will grant you that it's UNLIKELY, the odds are definitely against you, but they can work.

My experience and those I have known are at the other end of the spectrum.....There are more disasters that success stories. No different than childhood sweethearts that stay married for over 50 years. It happens but very rare indeed.

I'm not disputing that - just saying that is IS possible. I know this for fact, I've witnessed it with my own eyes, and experienced it personally.

I'm not saying it can't work, I'm saying the odds are against most who try.

There are two hard facts that every LDR couple must face:

1. They have allowed some outside factor to come before the relationship. College. A job. Military service. Something.

2. Unless maybe one of them is in a warzone, there are probably plenty of eligible single people around both of them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast