+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Girls VS Video games

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post
    If you are playing any one of those games, you would turn me down if I offer myself to you?
    rofl- what do YOU think?

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    It's a freaking compromise. If you don't set some ground rules it remains undefined. He could say "you said I can play a "little bit" When his version of a little bit is 3 hours and her version is 15 mins. This establishes that. Not saying it has to be 1 hour, it could be 4 whatever is acceptable for both parties. Compromise. Don't know what a compromise makes you shit your pants. The reason is should be strict is because soooo often 1 hour turns into 2hrs because of another 5 mins another 10 mins oh please just this one more level etc.

THE ONE HOUR WAS AN EXAMPLE. It could be 10 mins it could be 5 hours. Whatever is acceptable between the both of you.
    That's not a compromise, that's an ultimatum.

I CHOOSE to pause/save and quit my game when my wife comes home, but I don't have to. She pretty much always says "Oh, you don't have to turn off your game, babe" and I almost always say "That's ok, I'd rather talk to you." but, if I don't, she doesn't ride my ass. I can guaran-damn-tee you if she did there's be an issue in our house.

What the OP is talking about seems pretty clear in his first post - if he's gaming, she's harassing him because he's doing that instead of paying attention to her. She's engaging in controlling behavior and to me it's a huge red flag.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The fact that you have to "save" your game is proof your game sucks. Get a real game- Call of Duty, Counter-Strike, etc

Archie your GF probably just has a lack of understanding as to why you enjoy these games. Because it isn't something that interests her she dismisses it as being an enjoyable activity for you and is frustrated that you can't see things her way (that being the games are stupid). It's like if she took up something you had no interest in say line-dancing or something and she chose to do that ALL the time you may get irritated that she loves something that much whereas you can't see what is so good about it. So to me this issue isn't so much about the computer games but the fact you won't agree with her POV.

In the past when I harassed my BF about his game-playing I remember always saying 'If you have any spare time that is the first thing you go to and the only thing you ever do. Why not incorporate other hobbies, expand your mind a bit, blah blah' and would get so annoyed he wouldn't see me POV. Now I realise I was having unneccessary expectations on him and wanted him to be a particular way. BIG MISTAKE. So I altered my attitude and now just feel blaise about it, if that is how he wants to spend his spare time so be it, it isn't harming me and why on earth should I tell him how to spend his spare time anyway?

So maybe dig deeper and see if it is your game-playing that is annoying your GF or something else. If it is somethng else and you sort it out I am sure she will change her attitude re your game-playing.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah I've tried a couple of MMORPGs lately, WoW and Eve and they sucked. So boring, so much grinding. I can't see the appeal.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

This sounds a lot like a co-dependency issue if everything the OP is saying is true. If she had her own hobbies and things to do she wouldn't be so upset about what her boyfriend is doing with out her.

When I had my own things to do I was fine with the amount of time my ex spent on hobbies. But when I began on a down spiral I began to lose interest in my hobbies and friends, and pretty much had neither so all I wanted was to be with my boyfriend.

If that's the case... you should probably clarify what's going on with her... and if she's unwilling to find hobbies then you should not compromise your time on yours. If it's a reoccuring thing... as it can be with me... you gotta decide if it's something you can cope with and if not then it's not fair to either of you.
    Ted, how do I explain this to you. Last night, I ate the best cake of my life. Do you think I'm gonna let that cake out of my life? Hell no. I'm gonna find out what bakery made that cake and I'm gonna get some more cake.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234