+ Follow This Topic

Thread: should i kiss her? or is that selfish of me.

should i kiss her? or is that selfish of me.

okay so me and my ex just recently broke up the reason we broke up was because of our age difference. however we both admitted we still love eachother, have feelings for eachother and want eachother and our families to be apart of our lifes. but for right now, she just wants some space. so ill respect that and give it to her. but i was wondering, i really want her back and im going to try agian within the next three months. so i was thinking when i do try again, should i tell her how i feel and then kiss her? (heres the basic backround story; we dated for about 18 months. we were both very intimate and madly inlove. and we always shared everything) the reason i tell you we always shared everything was because she use to tell me that im a really good kisser. ( it gonna get a lil mushy, but o well) she use to tell me that my kisses made her go numb and made her heart race and could stop time. she told me that when i kissed her that she couldnt think about anything else except for how amazingly lucky she is and how much she loves me. like if i gave her a random kiss out of no where, she would freeze up and this smile would appear on her face and grow bigger and bigger. so im wondering when i go to reask her out, should i try kissing her, to remind her of how things use to be. or is that a bad idea?

You should only kiss her if she wants you to kiss her. If she's clearly not wanting it or not open to it, then forcing a surprise kiss on her is not going to have the desired effect. You can't brainwash her with a kiss.

How did the age gap affect you guys in the first place? whats the age gap?

@superfantastich = our age gap is almost three years. she said that we are at different points in our lives and that its only gonna get harder. she said that i still have restrictions and that she practically free. she said that we both still have alot of growing up to do. excetra excetra...

@shellyz = how will i know if its right/okay?

You dated this girl for a long time and you still can't read her body language? How could you tell she wanted to kiss you in the past?

The more important issue is your intentions for trying to kiss her. If you plan to swoop in and catch her off guard, I'd say that's wrong because you're determined to kiss her whether she wants to or not. Stealing a kiss, if you will. However, if you move in slowly, giving her plenty of time to react, that should be OK. Then she'll stop you if she doesn't want to be kissed.

There are two threads open by the same OP, both are starting to turn different directions. The determination is that the relationship came down when the 19 y/o gf decided although she liked the guy, a 16 year old in highschool wasn't working for her.

@ shellyz = yes i know i dated her for a while but she is EXTREMELY good at masking her emotions so i dont want to kiss her when she isnt wanting it. the reason i know she wanted to kiss me in the past is cuz she use to tell me that she loved kissing me and she said she always wanted a kiss from me. im not trying to intrude on her personal space or anything, i was planning on what you were saying, either moving in slowly, or moving in slowly and asking if i may kiss her. i still want to respect her.