+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Help Assessing this Situation...

Yes, I fully understand... Perhaps I was just trying to hold on to something, anything to remain sane and keep my spirits moderately high... With the truth in front of me, plain to see, I don't know how to face her... I know I need to, at least for closure.... The thing is I feel like I NEED her... I might as well be amputating an arm... I don't know how to deal with this... I almost don't want to entertain the thought that there is no hope.

Maybe if I can figure out what is wrong with me, I can fix it... All I know is that I cannot go on like this... I'll see her again in a few days, how do I prepare; what should I do?

The floor is still open...

I'm not saying that you need to immediately cut off contact, because I realize you're not going to do that anyway. I'm just suggesting that, in addition to continuing your hopeless platonic relationship with her, you could also date other women. As soon as you meet somebody who makes you happy, you could just focus on that woman instead of this frustrating, platonic relationship. Or there is even a small chance that she will become interested in you once you are dating other women, though I don't think that you should worry about that. Besides, she's five years older than you, and women usually want the guy to be the older one.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Yeah, I see where you're coming from... The thing that really irks me is that I'm far more physically attractive than the overweight, old (50+), ghoulish, and just plain ugly individuals (inside and out) she has dated in the past... I'm 6'1", 185lbs, and in very good physical condition. I'm constantly praised for my appearance, even by her. It doesn't make sense to me... She gave me a number of IOIs from the beginning, and even suggested that if I like someone I shouldn't be shy about it, while anchoring herself (months before I asked her out, though).

I'll look into other options, but at the same time I plan on behaving as if she were my girlfriend when I meet with her. Given what I know, something I just thought of might work to my advantage. Perhaps, I can suck her into my 'frame' and have her believing it in short order. The thing is, I cannot allow myself to be consumed by her reality. I'll have to exude alpha-ness for this to work.
    Last edited by MoonlightKnight; 15-06-11 at 10:10 PM.

If you're going to pursue her, be direct and be bold. She may still reject you, but at least you will have made a serious effort. Women aren't normally interested in guys who are tentative, indecisive or shy. Be confident, be direct and go for it.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    If you're going to pursue her, be direct and be bold. She may still reject you, but at least you will have made a serious effort. Women aren't normally interested in guys who are tentative, indecisive or shy. Be confident, be direct and go for it.
    I love you man... In a non-gay way.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonlightKnight View Post
    Yeah, I see where you're coming from... The thing that really irks me is that I'm far more physically attractive than the overweight, old (50+), ghoulish, and just plain ugly individuals (inside and out) she has dated in the past... I'm 6'1", 185lbs, and in very good physical condition. I'm constantly praised for my appearance, even by her. It doesn't make sense to me... She gave me a number of IOIs from the beginning, and even suggested that if I like someone I shouldn't be shy about it, while anchoring herself (months before I asked her out, though).

I'll look into other options, but at the same time I plan on behaving as if she were my girlfriend when I meet with her. Given what I know, something I just thought of might work to my advantage. Perhaps, I can suck her into my 'frame' and have her believing it in short order. The thing is, I cannot allow myself to be consumed by her reality. I'll have to exude alpha-ness for this to work.
    1- Get rid of the PUA mentality. Most of it is smoke and mirrors with zero substance and leaves you either with nothing or a high-maintenance-pain-in-the-ass chick.

2- Quit texting, go out with her and seal the deal with a kiss. If she gives you the LJBF's speech it means she's not attracted to you in the least.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12