+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do you believe in soulmates?

Do you believe in soulmates?

The reason I ask: I dated a guy for two years in high school who I really love. Even though he's moved away for college, and I've dated other people, I still get the feeling that he's a missing part of me. We've talked over the past few years, but we both periodically stop/resume contact because it is too painful to talk under the realization that we can't physically be together.

Sometimes I feel like I'm supposed to be with him, but it could be for a million other reasons (he was my first love, he is close with my family, etc.) With billions of people on the earth, is it crazy to think this way?!

It's not crazy. It just sounds like when you split up it was basically on mutual terms because of some outside forces. Which leads to lingering feelings. I used to believe in soul mates when I was younger and didn't have all that much relationship experience under my belt but after getting burned a few times after falling for somebody then getting back up again tends to kill that idea for your own sanity sake. If I believed there was only one person for me now and that person does not love me anymore... I would go insane.

I do believe in soulmates - I married mine. 20 years was a long wait, but it was worth it.

One thing - if you're his soulmate, then he's yours. If it doesn't go both ways, it isn't real. I felt incomplete until re-united with my wife, and she felt the same way about me. I sort of had a "Oh, that's where I left my other half" feeling. And she's the only one I've ever described as my other half.

I don't believe in soul mates. I believe you can have a deep connection with more than one person.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

lol no.

______

I'm not convinced in soul mates. I believe in people who we are attracted to, who easily fill our needs, or people we get along with really well. But soul mates, I am not yet convinced. If it seems like someone effortlessly meets our needs, and both people have their needs met, it might seem like you are soul mates.

A soul mate might be someone who meets our needs, and therefore, seems perfect.

I don't believe in soul mates as in; there is a pre chosen 1 singular partner for each of us.
    But I do believe in after having been with your partner for many years that you have a sense of belonging with that person, that your lives are shared, completely emotionally shared, a feeling that your partner is the one that you want to grow old with and enjoy retirement with. If you think about doing something fun, that you think that your partner is the that you would want to be doing it with. Being concerned for one partner, such as if your partner feels bad, you do too. In those kind of senses I do believe that 2 poeple can grow to be each other's soul mate.

And it is something that I desire, have to find her.

no there is no such thing as a soulmate, you fall in love with who you choose period.