+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I want to....

It'll happen sooner than you think. A day will go by and you won't even think of her. Until then take it one moment at a time. Set up a good network of friends. I don't know what I'd have done without mine.

I have a good network of friends. But now that I'm in vacation it's a bit hard to have fun down here in NYC because most of my high school friends are either not really friends anymore or are out of the country. I lost connection with them and I have been working reconnecting with some of them, which is going pretty well.

I can't wait for the day that I will wake and not think about her. I also need to get a new girlfriend and see what goes from there. I still not sure if I want her out of my life. This will depend on two things. She doesn't want me in her life anymore, or if my future new girlfriend won't want me to be in contact with her. Hmm... I'm getting confused on BS. Better take it day by day.

Quote Originally Posted by confusius View Post
    I have a good network of friends. But now that I'm in vacation it's a bit hard to have fun down here in NYC because most of my high school friends are either not really friends anymore or are out of the country. I lost connection with them and I have been working reconnecting with some of them, which is going pretty well.

I can't wait for the day that I will wake and not think about her. I also need to get a new girlfriend and see what goes from there. I still not sure if I want her out of my life. This will depend on two things. She doesn't want me in her life anymore, or if my future new girlfriend won't want me to be in contact with her. Hmm... I'm getting confused on BS. Better take it day by day.
    another reason you cant be friends with your ex... your new girlfriend WILL NOT want you to still be on contact with her

Don't do it - simple as.

If you have lingering hopes that you can get her back, which you clearly do, contacting her will only set you back. If she doesn't reply you'll be wounded, if she does reply but is cold and distant you'll be wounded.

The only time you should ever contact an ex is if you're 100% over her or him and by that point you probably won't want to contact them anyway. Think of yourself, work on yourself and your life but don't waste time on old, broken relationships.

So, even when a person certainly marked your life forever you should just cut them out like that? She marked my life for good. I don't know how else to put it. I know in the future I may not even wanting to be with her anymore, but I'm so tempted to keep be in touch with her.

I must still have some lingering feelings for her, but I really feel confused. I may just be at the stage that I NEED to chose a definite path in moving on. This clearly is one of the tougher chapter of my life as long as I can remember. And my time with her was lovely even with the issues we had.

I guess it's happiness I'm after. But how come I feel happy with my friends and family there is always this thought of her in the back of my mind. Sort of like something was missing.

Oh well! I guess this is how life goes. Taking each day at the time is getting slow for me. I just wish I could accelerate things but I f*cking can't.

Two months and 2 days. I hope there is more to go. Aller!! Je peux le faire.

Quote Originally Posted by confusius View Post
    So, even when a person certainly marked your life forever you should just cut them out like that? She marked my life for good. I don't know how else to put it. I know in the future I may not even wanting to be with her anymore, but I'm so tempted to keep be in touch with her.

I must still have some lingering feelings for her, but I really feel confused. I may just be at the stage that I NEED to chose a definite path in moving on. This clearly is one of the tougher chapter of my life as long as I can remember. And my time with her was lovely even with the issues we had.

I guess it's happiness I'm after. But how come I feel happy with my friends and family there is always this thought of her in the back of my mind. Sort of like something was missing.

Oh well! I guess this is how life goes. Taking each day at the time is getting slow for me. I just wish I could accelerate things but I f*cking can't.

Two months and 2 days. I hope there is more to go. Aller!! Je peux le faire.
    i feel the same as your bro... i still think about her.. but it just wasnt meant to be and she is obviously putting NO effort in making sure IM ok... same with your ex..

Do you want to even be in contact with someone who doesnt care dude?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    i feel the same as your bro... i still think about her.. but it just wasnt meant to be and she is obviously putting NO effort in making sure IM ok... same with your ex..

Do you want to even be in contact with someone who doesnt care dude?
    Oh! I have the gut feeling that I pushed her away with my begging, my crying, and such. Like I said. She cared about me, actually A LOT when we broke up. She was going to ask me if I wanted something when she would be going to grab something in the mall, and things like that. She would come visit me in my room, she would show up anytime I needed help with something. She took care of me when I was sick. Actually the list can go on. The thing it's I got confused with those gestures and I always took those times as opportunities to talk some more sense to her. Until one day I busted up saying that it was hard for me when she would do things like that and that it hurts a lot. Then I started avoiding her. And that's how it ended. Even when I was packing my stuffs she helped me with couple things, and we hugged, and that was the last time I saw her. The last time I talk to her was when I called her to wish her a save trip to Thailand. She said she really appreciate it. I also know that she has told my sister that it was hard for her to hang out with me or anything because my emotions would always get on the way. I'm not sure if I'm strong enough to contact her, but I have urge to do so. The best thing is to wait some more. Which is getting harder.
    Last edited by confusius; 07-07-11 at 05:02 AM.

stop blaming yourself.. I can do the same thing.. maybe i pushed her away because I was too needy or clingy... yadda yadda... But think of it this way.. if she was THE ONE none of that would have mattered!

Well couldn't help it anymore and I sent her a friendly text. Nothing special about it; it was just platonic. She replied in the same tone. I wasn't expecting anything special from her either. Just the normal yada how are you and your family? and what are you doing this summer? she replied. Simple. And that's how I wanted it. What I wasn't expecting was for her to reply this soon, but it's good. My cool it's to take a day to reply to her. Hopefully she will not reply back or take couple days to reply. My answer will be straightforward and I will try to make it in the way that she doesn't need to reply. My goal it's to go another two months or maybe more before contacting her again. If that urge happens to come again.

Strangely I feel the same and a bit happier. I got some news from her and that's what I wanted. Truly that's all. Some people will say maybe you were expecting this or that, but really I feel great about it. It made me smile and I was able to go out and to do my things with friends without even thinking about her. I ate some home cook Momo (Nepalese food) and drank some So Ju (Korean wine) with some awesome Nepalese friends. Chilled out with great people and I had fun. I can't stop smiling. I still care about my ex that's for sure. I still desire her too. But she is no longer the center of my world.
    Last edited by confusius; 08-07-11 at 02:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12