+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want to....

I want to....

I want to break the no contact. I haven't talk to my ex in two months. Now i want to contact her. For those whose have been reading my thread and giving me advises, thanks a lot, I want to contact my ex for some reason. I still have lingering feelings for her and she means a lot to me. I want her to tell me what's going on with her life.

I really miss her.

PS: I'm drunk. lol f*ck I want her back lol or maybe not. I like this other girl now.

So you want to open up old wounds? I remember when a ex called me up after 5 years....needless to say I wasn't impressed.

I agree. She may be warm and receptive to talking to you about good times that you shared, but that's where it will end. She will ultimately tell you that it is, in fact, still over and you're better off not being reminded of that from her lips. You know it to be over so leave it at that. If she wants you back she'll contact you.

Drunk contact... *gags*
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

'Sup Oliver Reed, there's nothing that girls love more than drunken phone calls from the ex. Especially if you give her an awesome detailed run down of how the past 2 months have been. Tell her you've been staring at photos of her for hours at a time. As you sit crying to Justin Biebers greatest ballads, whilst dreaming of stroking her soft, soft hair.

If that doesn't work, I sincerely don't know what will.
    Last edited by The Gent; 05-07-11 at 12:51 AM.
    - The Bringer of Rain

*laughing here*
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

You were drunk, the feeling will pass. I've had exes pull this bullshit, and I've tried it too. Never good. I haven't heard of a real break-up turning into anything else but future heartbreak. Move on. Start seeing other girls, and by seeing I mean screwing.

Good grief ...

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    You were drunk, the feeling will pass. I've had exes pull this bullshit, and I've tried it too. Never good. I haven't heard of a real break-up turning into anything else but future heartbreak. Move on. Start seeing other girls, and by seeing I mean screwing.
    Sound advice!!!

Well I didn't contact her that night and I'm proud of myself. I knew nothing good would come out of it calling drunk. BUT, I'm not going to lie. I have this urge I want to call her. Even that I'm no longer drunk. I'm just wondering if it's a good time or not. If I should do it at all. I don't know either what to expect and I certainly don't want to talk about the failed relationship with her or try to get her back. I want a friendly conversation with her.

I know it may not be a good idea and I know some of you out there will agree. Don't just feel like I do not take your advises in consideration. I really do; the thing is it's getting harder lol. I not going to contact her anytime soon though. I think I have to contact her at some point though. Maybe 1 more month. Two more? She truly was special to me.

When we first broke up we tried the friendship thing. I was just to weak to handle been just a friend. I was always going to screw up. And one day I told her that it hurts too much, and I also told her that I don't really befriend my exes, could be why she won't call but that's just a speculation. If this happen she will be the first. Just like she was I first true love.

I was just putting that thought out there. How long will it take me to contact her? I don't know. And if she has decided she doesn't want me anymore in her life so be it. AND I don't want to be all over her. I will respect her relationship and her new boy by not being inappropriate. Take time to reconnect on a platonic level. Well a lot is going on in my mind right now.

ONE DAY HOPEFULLY

PS: Ok time to jam some guitar, drink some guiness, and NYC here I come.
    Last edited by confusius; 06-07-11 at 01:41 AM.

Well, why did you break up in the first place?

It's easy to be overcome by fond memories when you're feeling lonely and disconnected. This is why you need to push yourself to seek out new experiences that don't include her. Make new memories without her. It's a very self-destructive action to sit and wallow in the past... It's like a pain that feels good in a tortuous way.

BUT, you're only going to be slashing open your wounds again if you call her while you're still in the thick of it. This is the hardest period. You think you've done well, that you deserve a reward for being so steadfast, but it's really only going to set you back. Keep moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by confusius View Post
    Well I didn't contact her that night and I'm proud of myself. I knew nothing good would come out of it calling drunk. BUT, I'm not going to lie. I have this urge I want to call her. Even that I'm no longer drunk. I'm just wondering if it's a good time or not. If I should do it at all. I don't know either what to expect and I certainly don't want to talk about the failed relationship with her or try to get her back. I want a friendly conversation with her.

I know it may not be a good idea and I know some of you out there will agree. Don't just feel like I do not take your advises in consideration. I really do; the thing is it's getting harder lol. I not going to contact her anytime soon though. I think I have to contact her at some point though. Maybe 1 more month. Two more? She truly was special to me.

When we first broke up we tried the friendship thing. I was just to weak to handle been just a friend. I was always going to screw up. And one day I told her that it hurts too much, and I also told her that I don't really befriend my exes, could be why she won't call but that's just a speculation. If this happen she will be the first. Just like she was I first true love.

I was just putting that thought out there. How long will it take me to contact her? I don't know. And if she has decided she doesn't want me anymore in her life so be it. AND I don't want to be all over her. I will respect her relationship and her new boy by not being inappropriate. Take time to reconnect on a platonic level. Well a lot is going on in my mind right now.

ONE DAY HOPEFULLY

PS: Ok time to jam some guitar, drink some guiness, and NYC here I come.
    I feel the same way as you.. but think about this:

DO you REALLy want someone in your life that doesnt give a squat about you? I know I dont.. and thats why its hard.

Thanks lahnnabell!

Well, she broke up with me. She said she got tired of us arguing all the time. After our last fight, we decided to take a break from each other. The break lasted only one day and she came back to me. Everything was getting there until she decided to break it up just like that. Anyway what I see now it's just that I had a poor way to deal with the problem we had, and her problem was not been able to cut ties with her exes. I would mind if it was just one ex instead of three. I will admit it made me feel insecure.

Maybe the best way it's to wait till I feel way better or until I screw couple girls lol. Maybe then I won't have this urge wanting to contact her. I don't just sit around and wallow. I have been doing things that make me feel good. Had a new hobby, I have been learning the guitar. Have been making new friends here, slowly though. Made a lot more friends at my school. The problem is I still feel a bit empty without her in any form. Whether in friendship or relationship. We didn't really start as friend, but the friendship grew out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    This is the hardest period. You think you've done well, that you deserve a reward for being so steadfast, but it's really only going to set you back. Keep moving forward.
    It certainly is. I don't want to get hurt again, but she meant a lot to me. Maybe just leave it like that? Or give it couple years? I don't know. Hmm....

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    DO you REALLy want someone in your life that doesnt give a squat about you? I know I dont.. and thats why its hard.
    Of course I don't. I really don't. I feel like she had given me that kind of consideration and I flew it. She was still caring back then. But I was a dick by always talking about the past and such. I remember I got so f*cked up a weekend and she was the person to take care of me. Well, maybe that's just me seeing importance in things that do not matter. She had always been receptive to me even after the breakup. Hmm...

Thanks DH!

Quote Originally Posted by confusius View Post
    Of course I don't. I really don't. I feel like she had given me that kind of consideration and I flew it. She was still caring back then. But I was a dick by always talking about the past and such. I remember I got so f*cked up a weekend and she was the person to take care of me. Well, maybe that's just me seeing importance in things that do not matter. She had always been receptive to me even after the breakup. Hmm...

Thanks DH!
    My ex was always receptive to me too.. now she is just a lying whore.. my point is I dont need/want her in my life.. no matter how much I miss her.. shes no good. You should feel the same!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast