+ Follow This Topic
Page 354 of 405 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364404 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 6075

Thread: What Annoyed you today

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Requirements for the Teaching Credentials
    1. Complete a baccalaureate or higher degree, except in professional education, from a regionally-accredited college or university
    2. Pass the CBEST
    3. Pass the University Early Assessment Program or the Placement Examinations
    4. Complete a multiple subject teacher preparation program including successful student teaching, and obtain a formal recommendation for the credential by college or university where the program was completed
    5. Pass the Reading Instruction Competence Assessment
    6. Satisfy the Developing English Language Skills
    7. Complete a course (two semester units or three quarter units) in the provisions and principles of the U.S. Constitution or pass an examination given by a regionally-accredited college or university
    8. Complete foundational computer technology course work that includes general and specialized skills in the use of computers in educational settings
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My bf has put his foot down...god damnit, i dont like not getting my own way.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertz View Post
    Sounds like you got yourself a real man.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Are you credentialed? (I don't mean certificate, if they aren't the same thing.) Or are you a student teacher? And what are you teaching?
    Why are you guys making a big deal about this? University teachers don't have any certificates. They are definitely still teachers.

Dopple, if you managed to get yourself a contract already, consider yourself lucky. Some places, they TOC for 5 years before getting a permanent position.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Why are you guys making a big deal about this? .
    Eh, mostly because I doubt it's true. I could be wrong, though (and hope I am).
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertz View Post
    But it IS nice to have a man with backbone, isn't it?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Are you credentialed? (I don't mean certificate, if they aren't the same thing.) Or are you a student teacher? And what are you teaching?
    When I say "certification" I mean I completed all necessary training and internship. I was a student teacher in the fall. I teach German and world literature.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    Requirements for the Teaching Credentials
    1. Complete a baccalaureate or higher degree, except in professional education, from a regionally-accredited college or university
    2. Pass the CBEST
    3. Pass the University Early Assessment Program or the Placement Examinations
    4. Complete a multiple subject teacher preparation program including successful student teaching, and obtain a formal recommendation for the credential by college or university where the program was completed
    5. Pass the Reading Instruction Competence Assessment
    6. Satisfy the Developing English Language Skills
    7. Complete a course (two semester units or three quarter units) in the provisions and principles of the U.S. Constitution or pass an examination given by a regionally-accredited college or university
    8. Complete foundational computer technology course work that includes general and specialized skills in the use of computers in educational settings
    Every state has different prerequisites for teaching certification. I had to take additional courses and tests that you didn't list.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    But it IS nice to have a man with backbone, isn't it?
    It is...but he majorly pissed me off since the last post...i agreed to make what is a huge sacrifice to me, and he is not happy with just that, we had an argument because my reasoning for doing so is purely because he doesnt like it..even though im not entirely happy about it. He wanted me to make the sacrifice and be happy about it..apparently i cannot comprehend what the issue is. He then told me "its for your own good" ...which again pissed me off...cause its not, its for his "own good, not mine.
    I really dont understand why he is still pissed off, he didnt want me to do something, i didnt/wont, so surely that should be the end of it, i didnt make a big deal about it, he did.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

That its for your own good line yeah that pisses me off to no end even just thinking it lol
    Getting over a broken heart is like being on shrooms. -MaidenMinx

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm about to get crazy. Not mad, crazy . Psycho. A case for mental hospital. I've listened to more than 12000 thank yous from [url=http://www.funmansion.com/games/one_million_thank_yous.html]FunMansion - One Million Thank Yous[/url] and I'm trying to learn statistics ,well I should, but I got somehow stuck in my mind. I can read, I understand, but I can't put it back on the paper. it's 3 am . It's now almost 15000 thank yous. I told ya
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    I'm about to get crazy. Not mad, crazy . Psycho. A case for mental hospital. I've listened to more than 12000 thank yous from [url=http://www.funmansion.com/games/one_million_thank_yous.html]FunMansion - One Million Thank Yous[/url] and I'm trying to learn statistics ,well I should, but I got somehow stuck in my mind. I can read, I understand, but I can't put it back on the paper. it's 3 am . It's now almost 15000 thank yous. I told ya
    why did I click it why oh god why...
    I don't know why but I can't click away... it's so annoying yet draws you in and eats your soul like a succubus.
    Last edited by DannyH; 10-07-11 at 10:09 AM.
    Getting over a broken heart is like being on shrooms. -MaidenMinx

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyH View Post
    why did I click it why oh god why...
    I don't know why but I can't click away... it's so annoying yet draws you in and eats your soul like a succubus.
    i stopped at 355

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Why are you guys making a big deal about this? University teachers don't have any certificates. They are definitely still teachers.

Dopple, if you managed to get yourself a contract already, consider yourself lucky. Some places, they TOC for 5 years before getting a permanent position.
    what? really? that's total bull though

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    None of it is bull, Risa. Which part are you referring to? I can assure you I don't have, nor have ever been asked for, a teaching certificate.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh