+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you open conversation with a girl you have never met?

How do you open conversation with a girl you have never met?

After reading "The Game" by Neil Strauss i've learnt to open conversional with something thats completely off topic. i.e 'did you see that fight outside?'.

I've never put this into practise.......is it really that simple?

I've used that 'fight' line once, dude. And while it did lead to quite a good convo with the girl in question....I don't recommend using it all the time!

Are you talking about approaching a lady on a night out? Or just anywhere in general?

You can't really go wrong with telling her that you've been staring at her for ages. Girls dig that.
    - The Bringer of Rain

On a night out dude!

Going out tomorrow night and confidence is a bit low (due to my break-up).

Just need to get my game back together

Ahh man, once you've had a few drinks with your buddies & you start relaxing, you'll find it easier to talk to the ladies.

The more you go out & the more you try talking to new people...the easier it'll become. If I'm at the bar waiting to get served my trademark vodka & a girl's next to me. I'll ask if she's having a good night etc. You don't need to be Grandmaster Cheesy or anything like that. It seems scary as first, but you'll be surprised at how friendly people are on a night out. (Especially after several hours on the drink!)

Try it in a few different places, hopefully you'll hit it off with someone nice, chief.
    - The Bringer of Rain

Personally, I feel that women smell "game" a mile away. Just be yourself. Walk up and say hello. Introduce yourself. Offer to buy them a drink. Whatever comes natural. You are going to get shot down, it is just the way of the world. But you won't always be shot down. have confidence in yourself and you could say just about anything (as long as it is respectful).

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

What about the fear of rejection? I don't want this to stop me from approach females? what are the tell tale signs that there into you?

Everyone fears rejection. You just need to have confidence in yourself and know that even if you get rejected it isn't the end of the world. Just a learning experience. You can't let fear keep you from doing things in life. It is a wasted emotion.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

I usually start with "hello."
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

First find out if there's any point, find out if she's at all interested:

Look into her eyes (nowhere else!) and smile. If she smiles back, you've got a shot.

If she's interested, find anything (anything at all!) to start a conversation with. Compliment her clothing or hair, ask her the time, comment on the weather, ask if her dog bites, whatever. Really. It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by numero_uno View Post
    After reading "The Game" by Neil Strauss i've learnt to open conversional with something thats completely off topic. i.e 'did you see that fight outside?'.

I've never put this into practise.......is it really that simple?
    I suppose it depends on where your are. If shes a class mate for instance its rather easy to connect to others. Since you both will be familar with each other eventually.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    First find out if there's any point, find out if she's at all interested:

Look into her eyes (nowhere else!) and smile. If she smiles back, you've got a shot.

If she's interested, find anything (anything at all!) to start a conversation with. Compliment her clothing or hair, ask her the time, comment on the weather, ask if her dog bites, whatever. Really. It's that simple.
    Golden info! (thumbs up)
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

tremolo Guest
    Any guy starts that Game crap on me, and I make him feel stupid by turning around and using all the tactics on him.

Don't use anything you've read out of those books. Find something interesting, relevant, and honest, and lead with that.

I agree with devonbrown here.. As a girl, i feel you can definitely smell 'game' from a mile away. Ew. There is nothing worse in my opinon that a man that will approach you out of nowhere and comment on something weird. That i dont even know about. Its awkward and i find it off putting, like its just an everyday thing for the guy to do and to try with about 10 different women in the same night.

Personally, i like to feel like i am the only girl, the guy in question, has his eyes on. A few smiles from across the room, to catch a few glances from him, its exciting. Then for him to approach me and introduce himself. A simple, 'hey, im ___, how is your night going?' Easily starts off a conversation. If the girl is interested, she will smile, seem interested and engage in a conversation. If she doesnt seem happy about your approach then just say 'have a good night!' and walk away.
    There is not much to it, no game is nessasary, just be yourself and strike a normal conversation up. It is the less creepy way of doing things.
    You have all the weapons you need... Now fight!

Lol that player crap doesn't work and most women or I should at least say women you want to spend more time then a ONS with will smell that from a mile away. Seriously just ask a question that's relevant to where you are at. Don't sneak up on a women like a ninja. Introduce yourself. When your too chicken to talk to the girl head on talk to a waitress or bartender near her then get her involved in the conversation. Don't go talking to a women just to go in for the hook-up/date. Go in with the expectation of just getting in a good conversation. If you do get a date out of it bonus.
    Getting over a broken heart is like being on shrooms. -MaidenMinx

I agree with the majority on here. If I go out and I notice an attractive woman making eye contact with me, I'll smile and if I get a smile back I use that as a green light. From there it's as easy as "Hi, my name is... can I buy you a drink?" Talk about easy topics and if you connect you'll find something to talk about in common within a few minutes.

The last time I did have any kind of off topic thing to say was years ago. I had been making eye contact with a pretty blond one night and my friends wanted to go outside to smoke. I had to run to the restroom so I passed by her on the way back and asked her to watch my drink while I was outside to make sure no one tried to date rape me. She got a laugh out of it and I got her number and a few dates (eventually haha)
    Last edited by OmnicronPercei8; 09-07-11 at 10:18 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast