+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend checks ex's facebook page every few days.

Girlfriend checks ex's facebook page every few days.

Hi there,

I have been with my girlfriend for almost a year now. She is addicted to facebook and I noticed she still has her ex, whom she has broken up with over 1.5 years ago, on facebook. I don't really mind that, but she checks out his facebook wall and pictures every few days.
    She tries to hide it, but now and then when I look at her screen I see that she's browsing through his photos and then she quickly tries to close the window to pretend she wasn't looking at it.
    I also find it weird that it's not even new photos she's looking at, but photos she has seen probably 100s of times already.

Maybe it's just me and I am paranoid, but I have to be honest, it does make me uncomfortable, especially when she browses through all his photos over and over again, and then tries to hide it, plus it has been 1.5 years since they broke up.

But at the same time I don't want to be the jealous boyfriend who tells her what she can and can't do. And by confronting her with that I am afraid that she might think I'm a control freak.

So before I would confront her, I would like to know if it's just me, or if there are other people out there who would feel just as uncomfortable if their partner would check up on their ex on facebook every few days.

In my eyes, if someone has to check up on their ex, especially after such a long time, it makes me feel like she still has feelings for her, or she wants to know if he is dating and if he is better of with his new girlfriend etc. It makes me feel like she is not fully committing to me.

tremolo Guest
    I used to check up on my ex frequently - just out of curiosity. Had no desire to be with him and loved the person I was with. I think I did it more out of habit than anything.

But who knows why *she* is doing it...

how soon after she broke up with him did you two get together?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Who broke up with who and why?
    I would honestly try to not worry about it and remember that you cannot control what other people do. The problem with talking to people about things like this is sometimes it leads to them feeling like they have to hide it instead of be honest about it. Especially if it is her being nosy.
    Try to do something I have never been able to do and remind yourself of all your good qualities and remember that she is with you now and there is a reason.
    Good luck

Yeah it doesn't really mean anything.. Although it seems alarming to you. Sometimes you look at exs page through spite or just to see if they've got fat hopefully