+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can it work?

Can it work?

Hi everyone,

I will attempt to make a very complex situation brief and respectfully seek out your opinions:

She, "Alice" is married with multiple young children. I am divorced with no children but have a multi-year relationship with a woman that is at a bit of a crossroads. Alice and I had a torrid affair in the past, then a brief relationship then ended after the secret relationship was revealed. We reconnected again recently by chance after several years. All the feelings are still there us both of us- physical, emotional, spiritual. They never completed subsided for either of us, just subverted. We share a great deal of history- happy, sad, complex, deep rooted, together.

She is content with her life but not happy though loves her children deeply and respects her husband for what he does for her. She would leave her husband again for me in search of pure love and long term intimacy and emotional fulfillment. She does not have this with her husband and purportedly never did. I would end my relationship for her, bring her kids into my life and start our own family together but am fearful that the weight of the instant family and the residual problems that would arise from their father would crush our love.

I know all the issues involved and am not naive in the least. I am looking for honest harsh opinions on this matter. I am way past old enough to appreciate how rare our bond really is and the power of that shared energy.

Is this possible?

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my dilemma.

Any thoughts from the crowd?