+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How/Where to appraoch/meet girls

How/Where to appraoch/meet girls

Hi,

I haven't been here in ages. Unfortunately it doesn't appear GrkScorp is still active as he really helped me out way back when. Anyway. I've had my fair share of problems. And no relationship is about 4 years. Lots of friends I've made but that's all. I'm in university now. The thing is, I'm so inexperienced and I don't know what to do that I end up doing not that much. I met a girl online not too long ago. Turned out when the time came, she wanted to be just friends . So now I need to continue my search.

What I don't get, and have much more trouble with than anything else is how to meet girls. I'll deal with my other issues once I can meet girls. I'm not into anyone specific and so I'm not all that afraid of rejection. More than anything else I just want experience.

So how do I go about meeting them? Especially during the summer when I can't even try to use class somehow. I work on campus but not with girls my age. I commute about 1-1.5 hours each way. I work 9-4. Where can I meet girls? How would I go about approaching them? and what should I do to increase my meeting of girls?
    Quote Originally Posted by DharmicLove View Post
    This whole situation is retarded. Instead of getting yourself into a love triangle, you have somehow managed to create a "love square"?!?!??!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    .., there's no reason to think about anything.., if you're "thinking" you're losing.., just "do".., because nothing is a big deal.., unless you make it out to be..

go on okcupid... its an online dating site. If you want to meet girls be yourself... Personally I like a guy who introduces themselves first and don't be too awkward and write a long message unless its very interesting.

I seen people on okcupid where they go like hey your cute wanna go out? That's boring... its just like people walking in an interview and said I need a job. That's boring because we hear that too often... Try a small talk and go Like hey, i like your profile or comment somethinig related to their profile and say I like it too. Guys always ask me the same exact thing, but its not that boring if they mention something i like as opposed to your cute, wanna exchange numbers so we could hook up? like to know more about you.

I think girls prefer small talk rather than hooking up right away... so take it slow and easy and be yourself

I'll set it up tomorrow and check it out. But what about non-online options. Like what this thread was talking about:
    [url]http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/13511-where-meet-girls.html[/url]
    although in that respect I don't really know how to go about talking to a stranger.
    Especially taking this into account:
    [url=http://kateharding.net/2009/10/08/guest-blogger-starling-schrodinger%E2%80%99s-rapist-or-a-guy%E2%80%99s-guide-to-approaching-strange-women-without-being-maced/]Guest Blogger Starling: Schrödinger?s Rapist: or a guy?s guide to approaching strange women without being maced Shapely Prose[/url]
    Quote Originally Posted by DharmicLove View Post
    This whole situation is retarded. Instead of getting yourself into a love triangle, you have somehow managed to create a "love square"?!?!??!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    .., there's no reason to think about anything.., if you're "thinking" you're losing.., just "do".., because nothing is a big deal.., unless you make it out to be..

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Take dance lessons. Latin dancing is the sexiest (such as salsa or tango), but really, any type is good, and there is ALWAYS a shortage of males. I suggest you take them at your school campus, though, so as to be able to meet with girls in that age range.

And welcome back. Grkscrp hasn't posted in ages.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I've been using Okcupid since 2006 and I haven't found what I'm looking for. They have a decent matching algorithm, but I went to Plentyoffish.com. They have a better matching algorithm and things look better for me.

I also use "specialty sites", that cater to more specific interests. You want to find a girl who wants to throw chocolate pudding at you? There's probably a dating site for that. You liked to be spanked? There's a site for that. (PM me.)

Anyway, many girls I have talked to say they don't like to be hit on in a public place like a library or beach. They go there for a certain purpose, not to get hit on. So, that's why I focus on using dating sites. I can find someone more compatible to me by reading their profile and using the match engine.
    Last edited by bulrush; 15-07-11 at 10:36 PM.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)