+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My general idea towards relationships (feel free to refute, agree, etc.)

lahnnabell: Therein lies the problem. Like I said before, most of my activities are rather solitary. I don't go to parties (never have enjoyed them), I don't drink (used to be religious and just never got into it; also, getting drunk seems stupid to me, I'd prefer not to say things or do things I wouldn't normally do) and so on. Of the friends I have, they are more situational friends than anything (work friends, school friends, rec sports friends). If I do end up doing anything with other people it basically amounts to playing video games or watching movies (as they can sort of become group activities). All the friends I did that stuff with moved though. Then there are people that I lift with sometimes, but again, more situational friends.

I don't know, I guess I'm just not a terribly social person. By that I don't mean I am socially inept (I can carry on relevant conversations with people and so on and I don't dislike being around other people if they're involved in a mutual activity) but just don't get anything extraordinary from social situations. Like I said earlier, when I really ask myself why I've asked the women I have out that I have, I can't really think of any very good reasons. All I seem to be able to come up with is "they're attractive" and/or "because I felt like it"

OP, I don't think that there is anything wrong with you. You seem to know who you are and what you want out of life, and what you want is considerably less social interaction than what most other people want. That's okay, because that's who you are. It seems like you started this thread because you are aware that you are different from most people and it sometimes bothers you.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Hmm, so why do I ask women out sometimes because "they're attractive" or "because I feel like it"?

Because humans are not solitary creatures. It's in our nature to want to share our lives with another being. Ideally, that's how we procreate and raise a family. It's in our genes.

You don't have a problem really. I don't go out looking for a relationship they sort of fall into my lap lol. When I go to the bar or club it's either going to get drinks or get laid no looking for relationships. My ex we had a lot in common and she was brought in my social circle by another friend and we ended up hanging together a lot before we even dated. Yeah she saw me when I went out doing what I do but I ended falling for her after awhile. I really didn't need her in my life nor did I want a relationship. I wanted her to be a part of my life because she just made most days better then others from there it just became more serious. Happened with a couple of other women that I got with seriously. Yes I did make the first moves when I knew but it really did seem to just happen. Then I started the "formal dating" thing with dinners and the like. I never thought I would of been that guy to do the romantic bull crap either but once you find somebody that you want to spend the time with that outlook does change. Yeah I still hate chick flicks but going to see one every once in awhile with her it wasn't so bad. They were a good time with some decent snack foods and I could get a nice few rounds of jokes on whoever was in the movie.I found myself doing those romantic things because they really were a good way to spend with her and got us closer. She did things I wanted to do that she didn't like as first as well. Teaching her how to snowboard was priceless lol. She complemented my life and just made it better(of course now she is my ex but hey that's another story). Once you find somebody who does that your outlook on those little things will change. To me going out looking for a relationship will never happen but I do put myself out with who I hang out with and a few of my hobbies. Going up to an attractive women for anything besides sex to me is just bad odds on it working out let alone finding a common ground.Trust on that I tried it most of those never lasted longer then a month.

So no there is nothing wrong with you.
    Getting over a broken heart is like being on shrooms. -MaidenMinx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12