+ Follow This Topic

Thread: General question : Do relationships get easier?

General question : Do relationships get easier?

Let me explain my question..

I have been reading a lot on here and some of the advice given is really insightful which has me thinking.. Do relationships get easier to start, work through and more specifically end as you have more of them?

The ending of a relationship with someone you love is always devastating so giving advise to leave boy/girlfriends would be VERY difficult advise to follow..

I think they get easier to end from a logistical standpoint- you both know the rules, etc. but harder from an emotional standpoint because they tend to be more intense and deep as you get older.

When I broke up with my favorite ex boyfriend 15 years ago, it was really heartbreaking and we were pretty sloppy about the recommended No Contact Rule, but I moved on with my life and got through it in a few months. If I split up with my husband now, I'd be devastated for years.
    Spammer Spanker

So what you are saying is the ends get worse!! Thats a scary thought!!

Well if you are dating women then the outcome is not certain. Yes i am young, but i obviously have parents, divorced. remarried. Relationships are ALL about who you are dating. No matter how many lessons you may learn and things you may try to change, you could always find yourself with that person who is straight up insane. So while i like to think i'm a decent judge of character, my dad still seems to find the crazies. But i personally think that as you age you can better see people for who they are and hopefully start forming emotional relationships which makes the relationship aspect easier, but i would assume that in the event of a breakup, that would get harder

Tedel Guest
    If you are sincere and she or he is sincere, then it is easy. If someone is in the mood to play, it sucks.