+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Was it a one night stand/fwb or what?

I'm the same situation. The sex is so great it's like making love, but not really sure where I stand with this guy. I just sent him an a couple of days just to figure out what's going on. I told him that we have great conversations, great sex and he's my homey. I'm cool with that. Haven't heard from him yet. But I've known for over 20 years. He was my highschool sweetheart and we reconnected over a year and this has been going on for over a year!

Where would you like to go with the relationship? Why not ask a guy if he may be willing to spend some quality time with you along the way?
    Last edited by ctr916; 22-07-11 at 10:43 PM.

My god I must be the most naive and stupid guy on earth. When I sleep with someone I always assume we are going for something long-term... (Except when I have to pay for it ofcourse :-P)

What is inherently wrong with confiding in the sincerity of a friend? In my opinion, women should try to be able to be friends with guys if they claim they want to be a girl friend.

In my opinion, a difference between a friend with benefits and a booty call or hookup relationship is that a friend with benefits usually knows they are welcome for return privileges purposes. In market based economies it could be said that a happy customer is a repeat customer.

Quote Originally Posted by mjemc View Post
    I'm the same situation. The sex is so great it's like making love, but not really sure where I stand with this guy. I just sent him an a couple of days just to figure out what's going on. I told him that we have great conversations, great sex and he's my homey. I'm cool with that. Haven't heard from him yet. But I've known for over 20 years. He was my highschool sweetheart and we reconnected over a year and this has been going on for over a year!
    What? So you're saying you're screwing a guy who has a girlfriend and you're the F/buddy? O_o
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    What? So you're saying you're screwing a guy who has a girlfriend and you're the F/buddy? O_o
    In my opinion, a guy can never have too many girl friends (with benefits).

scd is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    mjemc, if this has been going on for a year it's quite obvious you're not going to get a relationship out of this guy (at least, not a good one) as he just wants to have you hanging around for sex. As long as yo're OK with that stay. But if it were me.. I would not have let it go on for 1 year.

As for me - OK so he accepted my invitation to go to the outdoor cinema but in hindsight perhaps it wasn't such a great idea since it's a nighttime thing. Still I don't have to invite him to my place. I'd like to see how he reacts to that.. hehehe...

SCD: That's a postive.

So it's definately not just a one night stand. You know that much now. Hold onto your heart until you see how things progress.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 26-07-11 at 04:54 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

What kinds of benefits would entice nice girls to use nice guys for sex, simply to get them to clamor for a relationship?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123