+ Follow This Topic

Thread: One night stand with ex...

One night stand with ex...

So... I'm brand new to the forum and basically just Google'd "relationship forum" and found this place hoping to get some advice...

I'm a 22 year old college senior (if that helps), and anyway, my ex wanted to come over last night to drink a little wine and hang out and work on homework. We were together for a few years and broke up in June '10, and I never really have stopped missing her. I single-handedly COMPLETELY ruined our relationship when we broke up (alcohol related)... but yeah, she came over last night, we drank some wine (neither of us were drunk at all... just slightly buzzed at best)... and studying never happened. After playing some gin rummy (something we used to do a lot when we were together) and watching some TV, it ended up turning into a massage, which ended up turning into sex. I still want her back and she's told me in the past (since our breakup) it can never happen. We really hadn't hung out much since we broke up. But then we finally hang out again and it turns into sex. I feel like I really screwed up... I probably should have stopped things when we started getting intimate. But the point of all this is, I want to give myself a chance to be with her again... I've rectified my alcohol problems that caused me to lose her... but I have no idea what to do or where to go from here. Neither of us expected anything to happen last night, and for all I know she may think it was a huge mistake.

What can I do to maybe give myself a chance to get her back? :-\ For that matter, should I even try to talk to her about what happened with us last night?

Only you know whether or not there is still love between you two. Since you screwed up the last time, it is her call if she wants to be with you. Since you had sex, it shows that there is still attraction. Though this can be misleading. When i was 22, i broke up with my gf of 3 years. We decided to see each other one night and ended up having sex. It turns out that she used sex to try to get me back, but i had no intention of getting back together. I simply missed her big breasts.

Ehh... there's love. I just don't know if it's "romantic" love. I do, however, know that she just sent me a facebook message wanting to hang out again tonight... Good sign I suppose.