+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Insecurity or a true worry?

A happy ending .. woohoo
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

It's a shame that I let my mind run away with me like this.

You think you are not good enough and not worth his time. Work on changing this or he will pick up on it and run for the hills eventually.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Not so sure it's a happy ending....I haven't heard from him since Wednesday. Assuming he's still under the weather. Feeling a bit at a loss and very confused. Should I cut my losses or hold out at this point? I still fear that chasing him will push him further away.
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world.

“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu

I wouldn't hold my breath... it sounds to me as if he's playing you.

Don't chase him. Do your own thing. Be happy whether he is around or not. Then, if things do work out, it will be good. And if they don't, it wont really matter.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Well this week of torture is over. At least I can say I've learned two very important things, be wary of a man that comes on too strong and don't give too much of myself too quickly. He ended it via text this evening. I'm feeling rather hurt and angry. Thanks everyone for your responses.

I need to get rid of these theatre tickets to The Woman in Black in London on the 30th if anyone is interested.....
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world.

Nevermind, Stubhub is U.S. and Canada only.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenswaiting View Post
    Well this week of torture is over. At least I can say I've learned two very important things, be wary of a man that comes on too strong and don't give too much of myself too quickly. He ended it via text this evening. I'm feeling rather hurt and angry. Thanks everyone for your responses.

I need to get rid of these theatre tickets to The Woman in Black in London on the 30th if anyone is interested.....
    Sorry to hear that :-(

Cowardly that he would end it by text.

Try not to be too upset, although it may be futile me suggesting so.

Keep yourself busy, treat yourself, spend time with friends ... things to take your mind off it and help you move on.

Don't let this bad experience put you off.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Geeze sorry Jen, that sucks. At least he let you know and didn't just disappear.

Rumour has it that there are a lot of players, married people, people otherwise involved, people posing as divorced when they aren't etc.. on that site so beware. They don't nickname it Plentyoffvckbuddies for nothing.

As for the tickets. Why not go? Take a good female friend and have a well deserved girls night out.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Uh, mbe he's just genuinely feeling 'rough'? Does he travel for work? Busy guy? I often don't feel all that great after a busy trip. Really, try to relax a bit. You might be turning him off just by obsessing like this.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Sorry to hear that Jen. It is difficult when guys come on strong coz you get really swept up in the moment.

Try some more reputable dating sites as I tend to agree with WU re POF.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Thanks everyone for your support. I never responded to his text, mainly because I was in shock. Thing was is that it seemed like we were both falling for each other, we really connected very well and there were no warning signs whatsoever. I can only guess as to why he's ended it; commitment, abandonment issues, it really doesn't add up. So my thoughts/questions are (and tell me if I'm being silly): would it be a bad idea to contact him to ask him why, or should I do my best to move on despite feeling very disjointed and confused?

Thanks again..

In my opinion, it's always better to know.
    I always ask for the reason. Even though they never answer properly.
    He's a guy though, so maybe he's more straightforward.

would it be a bad idea to contact him to ask him why, or should I do my best to move on despite feeling very disjointed and confused?

Thanks again..
    I would ask personally, I hate not knowing and it would take me a lot longer to move on if I didn't know the true reasons. As Yet another guy points out don't expect complete honesty, he may be too embarassed to tell you the true reason or at the extreme don't expect a reply at all out of embarassment.

I personally wouldn't ask. What did he actually say in his text to you?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast