+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Approaching Females

Approaching Females

I got a question for ya. Lets just say if I were to get out more and want to meet new ladies. 1 Where should I begin. 2 What should I say. I need ice breakers. 3 I don't want to come across as a creep or something. What not to do? 4 If I see an nice looking female and I want to talk to her. Lets just say at the mall. How should I approach her. Oh FYI I am 22 if that helps.

Help Requested Please,

Thanks and May God Bless,
    -rawfan1989

1) Well, there are women everywhere. But if you want to go to a place where approaching someone is expected, I would suggest a bar. But if you aren't into that, I would say just get involved in activities and things that you enjoy and meet people through that.
    2) You should say hello. Don't use pick up lines. And the best icebreakers are the ones that develop naturally out of common interests.
    3) Don't use pickup lines. They are normally seen as creepy. And make sure your approach is appropriate. If you see someone out with her boyfriend, don't approach her.
    4) Just walk up and say hello. Say that you noticed her and wanted to introduce yourself.

Remember a few things - confidence is key. And, women are human as well, no need to be afraid of talking to them. And you will have bad results much more often than good ones. But that is okay. Everything fails until the one that doesn't.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

I read somewhere that meeting people at a bar is ideal for someone looking for a short-term relationship/fling/one night stand. Meeting people through activities/club/organization/school may be ideal for more long-term relationships.

you can try a dating site......

2. What should I say?
    If a girl is buying running shoes, ask her if she runs. If she bought awesome bright neon orange sneakers (like I just did) ask her about them. Strangers ask me about my orange sneakers all the time.

Is she coming out of Spencer's or a similar store? Ask her if it's her favorite store. It's got some funny stuff.

What is she carrying? Do the items she is carrying lend themselves to hobbies? Or is she just a shopaholic?
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)