+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Approaching Females: Is this acceptable?

Approaching Females: Is this acceptable?

Hey all,
    I attend a state university and there are a million beautiful females here. I won't do the bar/club thing because it goes against everything I'm for.

That leaves me with meeting girls through class (engineering doesn't provide too much opportunity), parties, and via friends. However, I'm not nearly as shy as I used to be and I've realized that a lot of these pretty ladies inhabit the library on campus quite often.

What are your thoughts on a stranger approaching you in the library or on your way to class? Obviously, I'll have to come up with some sort of an attention-getting ice breaker (not a line, but something unique to the situation).

Thanks,
    Mr. E

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think the more serious students might think you are a pest if you interrupt their studying in the library, but others would not mind. As for on the way to class... no problem. Do you not have some sort of cafeteria at school? Or perhaps you can join some sort of campus club...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I recommend getting a part-time job in the tutoring center. I think you can tell if someone will be receptive to a library-approach if you pay attention. Do NOT approach if you are unsure. If you can get her to make eye contact and smile- then you can go for it.

It's far easier do it there in the US for some reason. Not sure why, different culture I guess. I remember chatting up a real stunner at Home Depot of all places.

Over here It's different. You get so far before they begin thinking you as mentally disturbed or become suspicious you're gonna run off with their handbag or somet
    Many questions answered.... Many answers questioned

Quote Originally Posted by derm View Post
    It's far easier do it there in the US for some reason. Not sure why, different culture I guess. I remember chatting up a real stunner at Home Depot of all places.

Over here It's different. You get so far before they begin thinking you as mentally disturbed or become suspicious you're gonna run off with their handbag or somet

.........and that would be why Derm comes to the US every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    .........and that would be why Derm comes to the US every year.
    Ooh toooo right it is..........It's just too easy. I'd be living there only for work commitments. Still 2-3 mts a year and I long for different things back home

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I get chatted up frequently in Home Depot. Not too many females in there, ya know, and I like power tools.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Oh, my God- you're right- it's like the Man Store. Girls- check this valuable resource out.

Dam I should try working at Home Depot part time. I actually know a couple of things on power tools and some other stuff actually. Its usefull when you have an uncle that has worked from a wagon wheel to a satalite and everything else in between.

I wonder if the same thing applies to girls that go into computer stores.........

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Computer guys are afraid of girls unless they are virtual reality ones..

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Computer guys are afraid of girls unless they are virtual reality ones..
    Bullshit !

I get chatted up frequently in Home Depot. Not too many females in there, ya know, and I like power tools.
    Didn't realise they did a line on vibrators but I'll take your word on it

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No, silly! Real power tools. I am actually rather handy. I am the son my dad always hoped for.

I have put down wood floors, ceramic floors and counters, hung dry wall, taken down acoustic ceilings and retextured the drywall, cut ceiling molding, painted, etc. I don't do plumbing or electrical stuff, though. No plumbing because, well, that is gross, and no electrical because I am afraid of electrocuting myself or starting an electrical fire.

I don't do plumbing or electrical stuff, though. No plumbing because, well, that is gross, and no electrical because I am afraid of electrocuting myself or starting an electrical fire.
    Thats where I come in......Plumbers son and retired plumber meself. Love DIY me
    I can talk you through your plumbing problems

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No way. The worst part of laying ceramic tile was having to get close to that hole in the floor. I was gagging the whole time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast