+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: what do you think of smart girlfriend? guys opinion needed

Quote Originally Posted by pisces25 View Post
    No. Be yourself. Always. If a guy is insecure he may feel threatened and if that's the case you don't wanna be with that dude anyway.
    Totally. I love my wife's brain.

I'm incapable of being with a woman who doesn't have my intellect.

My love life is...complicated.

I think it's good for the relationship if both people are in the same IQ range.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreos View Post
    Smart women are no good. I love telling a girl my thoughts on a subject and having her look at me like I'm einstein.
    We already know that you have issues with being inferior.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    I think it's good for the relationship if both people are in the same IQ range.
    I do too, but I also think that ppl tend to also stick w/similar profession/interest. That may not be such a good thing. Since I've become less of an academic snob, I've met so many very intelligent people who have never gone to college. Most are way more interesting than me.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I do too, but I also think that ppl tend to also stick w/similar profession/interest. That may not be such a good thing. Since I've become less of an academic snob, I've met so many very intelligent people who have never gone to college. Most are way more interesting than me.
    That's ironic. I never went to college and I'm way more interesting than you.

Glad you came around.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelmakemelol View Post
    That's ironic. I never went to college and I'm way more interesting than you.

Glad you came around.
    Ironic? I'm surprised you're surprised. Colleges are way oversubscribed. Most who are there don't belong there.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Ironic? I'm surprised you're surprised. Colleges are way oversubscribed. Most who are there don't belong there.
    You have a habit of saying silly things, which makes you fun to argue against—until I get dizzy from the circles in your logic.

My ex is smart. An academic, has a PhD in English literature and philosophy and is a head teacher, so in that sense smart

But emotional intelligence .. zero

Common sense ... next to zero

And she is an alcoholic that will no doubt f*** her liver up , so in that sense not so smart

I would much rather have someone funny and honest with their feelings / emotions than someone really intelligent but unable to communicate on a relationship level

Quote Originally Posted by doppelmakemelol View Post
    You have a habit of saying silly things, which makes you fun to argue against—until I get dizzy from the circles in your logic.
    Nothing wrong with circles in logic. Usually means you can see both sides of an argument clearly.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseyguy View Post
    My ex is smart. An academic, has a PhD in English literature and philosophy and is a head teacher, so in that sense smart

But emotional intelligence .. zero

Common sense ... next to zero

And she is an alcoholic that will no doubt f*** her liver up , so in that sense not so smart

I would much rather have someone funny and honest with their feelings / emotions than someone really intelligent but unable to communicate on a relationship level
    Sounds like my brothers ex, except she was into psychology. She was unbelievably thick about anything except psychology. Then he went out with a girl studying forensics. She was awesome, but still had very little emotional intelligence.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

First of all, I don't like dumb people, male or female. I always try to be civilized, but I avoid them as much as possible. (If she is stunningly beautiful and craves for a one-night stand, I suppose I could sleep with a dumb chick...)

I like a girl who can hold her end of a conversation, and who can get me dumbstruck once in a while. I'd love a girl I could be stuck with in an airport and still have an engaging debate with when the plane finally arrives 20 hours later. The debate should not be over our budget, her shoes or whatever I did wrong five minutes prior to entering the airport lobby.

I like any kinds of women. They are so different and that's why I love them all!
    this is what i meant by signature mutilation.

big no no those links are.

kak dala privet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolicoeur View Post
    First of all, I don't like dumb people, male or female. I always try to be civilized, but I avoid them as much as possible. (If she is stunningly beautiful and craves for a one-night stand, I suppose I could sleep with a dumb chick...)

I like a girl who can hold her end of a conversation, and who can get me dumbstruck once in a while. I'd love a girl I could be stuck with in an airport and still have an engaging debate with when the plane finally arrives 20 hours later. The debate should not be over our budget, her shoes or whatever I did wrong five minutes prior to entering the airport lobby.
    You sound like my kinda guy
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast