+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: what do you think of smart girlfriend? guys opinion needed

I think that guys who like girls who are not smart are normally controlling and are only looking for someone they can "own" to a degree.

Smart girls allow for more and better conversation. There are less chances of getting bored in the 95% of the time they aren't making out.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Quote Originally Posted by pisces25 View Post
    You sound like my kinda guy
    I hope you don't mean you're a stunningly beautiful dumb chick craving a one-night stand.

The debate should not be over our budget, her shoes or whatever I did wrong five minutes prior to entering the airport lobby.

Ha ha nah it was more this part.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

yeah we'll see if the same expectations hold when you're flying with somebody you've been with for ten years.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Why would it be any different? Are you saying people treat their partner different after 10 years together?
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

yes. people stop being polite and start getting real.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    yes. people stop being polite and start getting real.
    Which is why relationships fail.

I would prefer to be with a girl who is at least my intellectual equal.

I actually think it's a turn on when a girl is smarter than me, at least in some areas.
    I don't get threatened by it but admire it.
    A girl doesn't have to match my intelligence in the same way, but she can be brilliant in her own way. Some girls are very clever in practical ways, ways I'm not, while others are extremely creative in ways I couldn't be. All can be the result of great intelligence just applied in different ways.
    Although I wonder if it might be different if I found a girl who exceeded me in every way, especially the areas I'm strongest in. It might be a bit different (I couldn't take any pride in bringing something to the table she doesn't already have) but I still don't think I'd feel bad about the fact that she's smarter than me, I'd still just admire her for it.

Maybe because I'm already comfortable with my intelligence level I don't feel the need to be with a dumb girl just because she will make me feel smart. I've got an IQ of 150 and often people can seem to be intimidated by my intelligence; I don't say that to boast but to give context to my position.
    Last edited by Phoenix23; 30-07-11 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    yeah we'll see if the same expectations hold when you're flying with somebody you've been with for ten years.
    I agree that this is hard. But consider the alternative: if you love a woman mainly because of her physical characteristics, what do you think will happen after ten years in the air then?

And I live in the believe that two smart people can work out their differences, even after ten years. Maybe it is wrong. (Of course that's assuming that I am a smart person myself).

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix23 View Post
    Although I wonder if it might be different if I found a girl who exceeded me in every way, especially the areas I'm strongest in.
    That's an excellent point. I guess it would depend how this superiority is demonstrated. If the superior partner doesn't rub the other's nose in it constantly, I see no problem. However if the inferior one has a complex about it, it could cause long term relationship problems.
    Last edited by Jolicoeur; 29-07-11 at 08:03 PM.

Each and Everyone wants A Beautiful Girlfriend...........

There is Anyone Who not wants A good Girlfriend...........

Please Reply me As Soon As Possible

I think A Smart Girl more Interesting than dump Girlfriend.............

Please Can You Suggest me Where I Can Find A Smart GF...............?????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Jolicoeur View Post
    I agree that this is hard. But consider the alternative: if you love a woman mainly because of her physical characteristics, what do you think will happen after ten years in the air then?

And I live in the believe that two smart people can work out their differences, even after ten years. Maybe it is wrong. (Of course that's assuming that I am a smart person myself).
    Well I was talking about conversations in the airport not being about what someone did wrong or however the comment went.

But its very naive to assume that just because two people are intelligent they can work out their differences.

What is the length of your longest relationship?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast