+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why am i so jealous?

Why am i so jealous?

Hi,
    Ive been with my boyfriend for 8 months now. Weve known eachother for 10 years now and he's the love of my life. Right now we hav a long distance relationshipbecause hes going to school. We get to see eachother for about 1 week evry 2 months or so but lately the distance has been realy hard on me. I cry myself to sleep all the time and it realy puts a strain on the relationship when we argue over the distance. The plan is for him to finish school and then save up a bit of money with the full time job he has during the day so that he can move back and be with me. The problem is that i realy miss him and i kinda take it personally when he says hes gona go catch a movie w a friend , or go out n eat with them or something. It just doesnt seem fair that they get to see him more often than i do. Time isnt moving fast enough and its realy starting to affect me an the relationship. Why does it bug me so much that he hangs with his friends? He doesnt do it evryday and i know he works all day. How can i cope with all the sadness? He says he loves me and is doing things as fast as hes able to so he can come b withme. I wish i wasnt so impatient.. What can i do when i start to feel like this..? I dont want to resent him in the process, and i dont want him to get tired of my emotions..

You exhibit pretty common insecure tendancies. You want to have some level of control over him all the time, which is why you're upset when he goes out with his friend. The crying yourself to sleep is a habit that you've gotten yourself into by thinking that you can't live without him and he is the center of your world, this is also a bad thing.

Usually insecurity is based around your own self confidence, and not the other person. Do you suffer from self esteem issues? Do you believe that you will never do better than him? If the answer is yes to either of those questions than you need to start working on yourself, build yourself up, get your own friends, a new hobby, and get out of the house.

if you continue down this path you will lose your boyfriend.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley