+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I messed up.

I messed up.

Little background on me: I've never been in a serious relationship, and I guess I've avoided that by choice. I lost my virginity to a druggie at a house party who thought the word 'no' was a challenge and responded with 'have another drink', needless to say I was more naiive at the time. (Sorry to be blunt but it's not everyday conversation) Since then I've been more guarded with who I trust, understandably.

I started flirting with a friend of mine via text recently and we arranged to go on a date last week which I chickened out of (for want of a better phrase....) I told him I wasn't looking for a relationship and hoped we could stay friends, which we have been and he has been lovely. Absolutely silly thing for me to do as I have feelings for him but it felt right at the time, I felt I'd be more comfortable on my own.

He's the first person I have even considered dating in a long time and I hope I haven't screwed it up. I tried apologising and explaining I was an idiot but I don't think he quite understood my jibberish. Can't stop thinking about him but I've pushed him away I think.

Any advice would be amazing

Who currently resides in San Jose California
    you already messed it up for putting him as a friend/pushed him away. LOL. man woman love thing is fuking complicated. You like him but you also push him away. Hilarious.

advice. Better luck next time on the next person. many more to come and many more to push away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is me training
    WINS:10 LOSS:14 DRAW:2

Its alright to be friended at first before getting into a relationship so you know each other well enough....Take your time, be with him and he will understand.

Chronologically:
    1) He asked you out.
    2) You said yes.
    3) You backed out.
    4) You stayed friends (i.e. - he didn't hold your backing out against you).

Did you mess up? Maybe a little. He won't ask you out again because he will be afraid of either A. getting rejected again or B. being too pushy.

So now it is up to you. If you like him, ask him out. On a date. Most guys will not mind this. And it will alleviate his worry about being too pushy towards you. Ask him out. Tell him you have thought about it and you do think there is something there that you would like to explore.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

You didn't screw up. It is salvegeable.

Just talk to him ... in non-jiberish, tell him you just didn't know how to react when he asked you out, let him know you do have feelings for him, and then you ask him out.

Take it from there.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Thanks guys!

Short update, talked to him and we're good again arranged a date for next week. One thing at a time haha...

Quote Originally Posted by CloverJuice View Post
    Thanks guys!

Short update, talked to him and we're good again arranged a date for next week. One thing at a time haha...
    Glad to hear it :o)
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...