+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My girlfriend is taller then me.

My girlfriend is taller then me.

Hi pps,
    I announced in advance for my spelling mistakes

Well my girlfriend is taller then me, My height is like 1.72cm, and my girlfriend is 1.83cm.
    before that, me and my girlfriend were best friends before I take my step to say to her that I fall in love with her, and now we are 3 and half months together, we both in love in each other, and I'm her first boyfriend.
    sometimes she tells me that she don't care about the height, but when I walk with her at the mall, sidewalk, beach, people are looking at us, and she hate it when people look at us weirdly and she become depressed.
    and I don't know what to say to her about it, I'm always telling her that love is what matter, not any physical problems.
    and damn I love this girl never had this feeling ever with other girls, she means so much to me.
    I need your help peoples, what I need to tell her to feel compatible?, what do you peoples think about this relationship?
    Thanks to everyone who comment.
    Mintho.

Quote Originally Posted by Min2u4u View Post
    Well my girlfriend is taller then me, My height is like 1.72cm, and my girlfriend is 1.83cm.
    Congrats

I'm always telling her that love is what matter, not any physical problems.
    The problem isn't physical. It's all in her head. If she becomes depressed because people look at you guys weirdly, I think she needs a therapist.
    I hope she can get over it
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

Big deal, tell her to get over it or by you some logging boots so your same height then. ive dated a few women taller then me and they never cared.

Mate, the height thing shouldn't be a problem at all if you love each other. You don't need to tell her anything to make her feel more comfortable walking with you in public places. You just need to be confident in treating her like YOUR woman, because she is, and never let the height thing bother you. And remember you're her man.

Doesn't bother me if a girl was taller than I.

If it bothers others, though luck for them.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

What does it matter that she's taller than you, I can't imagine that that's why people are looking at the two of you, if indeed they are. Most folk just aren't interested in others and who they're with.

I think it's her, she has a problem with it.

She needs to grow up. She's creating a problem where a problem doesn't exist.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I believe you are about 5'6 and she is about 6'0 tall in American measurements, for those of us who don't use metric system.

6'0 is very tall for a woman, so I am sure people look at her whether or not you are next to her, and I doubt many people think anything at all about your relationship. It is human nature to notice things that are unusual.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

As you said, it does not matter whatsoever what other people think. Be happy what you have with each other. It sounds like it doesnt bother you, but she needs to get over it. It is not that big of a difference anyways.

your all the same hight when your laying in bed a 6'5" woman told me...im 5'6" yee haw!

people will look if a girls 5ft and a guys 6ft. people look at me and my best friends, im 5'6" hes 6'5". who gives a shit.

The issue is not your relationship. It is her issue with her own self-image. She is tall and probably feels very self-conscious about this all the time, not just when she is with you. The only thing you can do is tell her not to care about what other people think or do. Just let her know that you think she is beautiful and that you enjoy spending time with her.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

I don't see a problem. I once dated a girl that was 5" taller than me. I was 175 cm at the time, she was 188 cm. in metric. Slow dancing with her was FUN!!!