+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Business man with crush on girl at McDonalds.

I think we are all missing a very important point about this story. The OP has no clue about his own emotions.

I am a very successful business man, but I think I've just fallen in love with this Hispanic girl that works at a local McDonald's.
    You have never talked to her. You see her in the back preparing food. You haven't fallen in love. You think she's hot. That's the extent of it. It is a crush, just like you used to have in school. Move along...
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

ahhhh, I think he should meet her, see if she has Sesame Seed Buns, get the Mchamburgler to help him steal her heart so they get McMarried under the Golden Arches, he deploys his Special Sause and they have a wee Happy Meal together.

I dunno about anyone else but I'm Lovin It...
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by devonbrown View Post
    You have never talked to her. You see her in the back preparing food. You haven't fallen in love. You think she's hot. That's the extent of it. It is a crush, just like you used to have in school. Move along...
    That's an assumption and not always true. It's not always about looks. I've been attracted to a few average looking women, but the attraction was strong because, I think, they appeared confident, which is VERY intriguing to me.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

I think what devon was alluding to is that he can't possibly be "in love" with her because he's NEVER MET HER.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Man what are you waiting for? Seriously, just send her a note with your phone. Once she calls you set a date. And yes there's a possibility her english level is limited but you never know.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by 1M50L0NL3y View Post
    Man what are you waiting for? Seriously, just send her a note with your phone. Once she calls you set a date. And yes there's a possibility her english level is limited but you never know.
    Make sure the note has two checkboxes with "yes" and "no" so you know for sure.

Then meet her after study hall.

James Banes, get over yourself!!!

Originally Posted by James Banes View Post
    Take flowers to a chick you've never talked to? That is soooo lame. Whatever you do, OP, don't listen to this advice.

OP, you should try to find her a way to make her your mistress. Remember, if the shoe was on the other foot, she'd want nothing to do with you. Since when do executive women wanna date guys at McDonalds? Only if she's a desperate cougar who has a difficult time getting laid.

Like I said, find a way to make her your mistress, not your girlfriend.

Maybe a good way to find out about her is to tell her manager her customer service is great. Then ask the manager about her. You don't wanna date a woman who works at McDonalds with kids, no matter how cute she is.
    SERIOUSLY????? UGH!!!
    You judge the girl by what she is doing for living???? It could be any story behind it. She might be working to contribute to her studies, you never know!!!I wen to work as an AU-PAIR in the UK and cleaned people's toilets with a BAchelors Degree!!! I only did it for the experience, language and because my parents coudln't afford the expencive courses. The family I worked for were aaaalll 'executives with suites'' but guess who helped the kids with maths, biology, drawings and piano??? ME! They had no clue how to do it and asked me to stay for more time and 10 times the money!!! So , think about you prejudices before you judge someone and give lame advice to genuine people! I now have a great job back home, doing a Master and bought my own place, so no 'executive ina suit' would impress me for the wrong reason.

On another note, I think the flowers idea is not bad. Even if it's a cliche' every girl would appreciate it. It is a subtle respectable way of showing them you like them while giv Yoing them the opportunity to think about it and refuse without feeling bad. Just write on the card honestly that you like her and would like to buy her some other lunch for a change & leave your number/ e-mail? You don't need to deliver it yourself, get it done by a company and just say it's from the guy in a suit that has been smiling at her and keeps ordering such and such and eating at mcdonalds just to be able to see her!
    Good luck to you and don't worry about the outcome. We like brave guys! She'll respect you for being a man even if she does not go out with you!
    x

I think it's cute. Do you go through the drive-through or do you walk in? :-)

On another note, I think the flowers idea is not bad. Even if it's a cliche' every girl would appreciate it.
    Not every girl would. I for one would find it presumptuous to receive flowers from someone who has yet to even say hello to me. I don't want flowers from a guy who I would find too shy to speak. I'm thinking Confidence is key here (I think most girls appreciate confidence) so just go up to her and some how get her to come over to the counter so you can say hi. Don't hide behind flowers. Save them for when you're in a relationship already and you know that she has feelings for you and you actually have some for her. Right now you're just crushing.

real successful businessmen never eat at McDonald's. so you're a fake here trying to get ideas about how to act like one right ?

Quote Originally Posted by asdfg789 View Post
    real successful businessmen never eat at McDonald's. so you're a fake here trying to get ideas about how to act like one right ?
    Successful businessmen do not have time to go to a sit down restaurant, and they know how to save on expenses. I think a cheap, quick meal from McD is consistent with a businessman. Though it's exceptionally unhealthy. Besides, McD has great iced coffee and sundaes.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    Successful businessmen do not have time to go to a sit down restaurant, and they know how to save on expenses. I think a cheap, quick meal from McD is consistent with a businessman. Though it's exceptionally unhealthy. Besides, McD has great iced coffee and sundaes.
    Does McD have good benefits for their PR folks ?

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    That doesn't mean they have to go to McDonald's. Or that they do.

she is probably 15. you are her dad's age

I for one would find it presumptuous to receive flowers from someone who has yet to even say hello to me
    Interesting view...it just shows how different we all are... A guy once bought me a rose on a first date and I thought it was nice...The fact that I didn't go on another date is because I didn't like him(read: no chemistry, could not bring myself to think about kissing him) , not because the rose...))

I agree that confidence is key. ...Just remember that if she likes you, she would agree on a lunch no matter what the approach ( of course reasonable and decent, not flashing her in front of her colleagues lol )...If she doesn't like you, you can have the best aporoach/line she's ever had, but it would not work...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast