+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My crazy girlhead needs a man's POV

My crazy girlhead needs a man's POV

Hey guys!

I posted the situation between me and my ex-boyfriend a while ago.
    Short story: we were a couple for almost a year, then he broke up with me (didn't really give me much of a reason except that he had 'fallen out of love' and he 'saw me as a friend').
    Anyway, I tried the being friends thing, turns out it's not that healthy 'cause we've been doing that for a year and I'm still not over him. He sends me texts, he asks me for help, he sleeps over (in my bed! yes, i know, it's weird, nothing ever happened after we had broken up but he seems to hang on to old habits like sleeping in my bed). Anyway, a while ago I started feeling sort of used so I started limiting contact. A few months ago we had the whole "what happens now?" conversation, that ended in me telling him I still loved him and asking him if he didn't want a relationship with ME or if he didn't want a relationship at all. He said he didn't want a relationship at all right now and he needed to figure out himself before he could get involved with anyone again. Some time has passed since then and I found out he's screwing around a little. No relationships, but a couple of girls he's had sex with. No biggie, I've had sex in the meantime.

BUT NOW comes the big question mark. I hadn't heard from him in a little while, and I refused to text him because, well, it's still kind of hard. In December I'm leaving for Australia. I'm not sure for how long. Could be six months, could be a year, could be two years. A few days ago, I posted on my Facebook that my ticket had been paid for and my departure date was the 8th of December. Merely an hour later I got a text (he was at a rockabilly party), saying: "If only you were here at the rockabilly party..."

What? Why? I don't get it? Huh? Why would he..?
    I didn't text him back. Because I was so stunned. Didn't really know what to say or do...

Anyone got a theory on this one?

Thanks alot!
    Love, Molly

Yes he's playing you like a fiddle, having his cake and eating it too and he's got the mentality that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. It was words that keep him in your thoughts and NOTHING more. He's been stringing you along and getting emotional comfort from you while he ****s other woman and is simply too afraid to have you and too afraid to let you go. . . In otherwords a flake that doesn't love you but fears abandonmment and the pain that a full breakup entails.

Go to Australia and don't think another thought about what he meant. If he meant anything that you're hoping he meant then he would have made it clear. If you really and truly wanted to know what he meant then you would have called him back and said "What the Fk does that mean and why are you playing these mind games with me?" Instead of wondering and then posting here for us to guess.

You don't want him anymore than he wants you, you've just not given yourselves the right tools to enable yourself to become indifferent to one another is all.

then he broke up with me (didn't really give me much of a reason except that he had 'fallen out of love' and he 'saw me as a friend').
    Do you see that nothing has changed?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

When you announced that you were off to Ausi, you became something he couldn't have.
    Before .. he could come at his leisure and chat or text or sleep.
    You were not going anywhere ie another city .. another relationship, so he had nothing to worry
    about.
    To nut shell it .. you were not a challenge after you split up.
    Now that you are... you caught his attention

^^^ I'd agree with that if he had actually text her that he wanted her back... but that's not what he did.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion