+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Texting good morning

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post
    It is only clingy and creepy if she doesn't like you.
    exactly, no matter if you text someone too early or not it's not going to change a person's perception of you
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

This may sound cheesy (and clingy but I guess we both are) my boyfriend has sent me a good morning sms every single day for well over a year, although we were pretty solid before it all started

Quote Originally Posted by george88 View Post
    well we met on a dating site and she told me she would like to get to know me online first so she would feel more comfortable meeting in person
    Bah, I met my gf on a dating site and we agreed to coffee after 5 minutes of chatting. Our first date was less than a week later.

You're wasting time, and furthermore, if you aren't officially dating then don't text her in the mornings, it gets creepy from there.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    Bah, I met my gf on a dating site and we agreed to coffee after 5 minutes of chatting. Our first date was less than a week later.

You're wasting time, and furthermore, if you aren't officially dating then don't text her in the mornings, it gets creepy from there.
    some people are different. some don't mind meeting right away, some wnat to wait and feel more comfortable

some people are different. some don't mind meeting right away, some wnat to wait and feel more comfortable
    Holy shit! Is that true?

Not a month and a half man. . .not that long. Talk about major buildup just to be let-down when you realize that face to face you might not be compatible. Online dating is the tool to connect you, after a few brief chats you need to start face-to-face in order to see if you''re actually compatible. Chatting for 6 weeks is painfully long.

I've done a lot of regular and online dating. At the beginning of online dating, I thought like you, patience is key. This is wrong. After a half-dozen or so meetings I learned its far more effective to meet as soon as you can for a 30 minute coffee to break the ice. If you've met once already what is the holdup?

Remember, you're here for advice, so pushing what you don't want to hear aside doesn't help you.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

your wasting time, i bet you if you ask her for a drink or a bite to eat shes gonna blow you off and say some other time, ask a week later you'll get same response. 1.5 months ya seen her once...find another one. i still say people are online for 3 reasons...1 they want attention, 2 or they do have busy lives. 3, they are just chicken shit wish washy dont konw wtf they want. u got number 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post

Agreed....waste of time with this one

I also do internet dating. I talk to the girl online then by phone for 6-8 hours before I decide to meet her in person. I have to ask her specific questions before I can figure out if she's worth meeting. But those 6-8 hours happen in about 7-9 days of time. Then we meet in person in a public place.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12