+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texting good morning

Texting good morning

Here;s my question.

What's the take on good morning texts??

I made a previous thread about how me and a girl are right now in the getting to know each other face- to face process and there seems to be interest from her side and I of course am interested.

I feel like texting her good morning would be a nice thing to do and a cute thing to do BUT I worry it could come off as clingy or slightly creepy??

I don't wanna do it everyday, maybe send a good morning text with a have a good day with your classes, or work once or twice a week.

Any thoughts?

texting good morning?

This is more aimed at women, but guys if you have experience you would help to.

Here;s my question.

What's the take on good morning texts??

I made a previous thread about how me and a girl are right now in the getting to know each other face- to face process and there seems to be interest from her side and I of course am interested.

I feel like texting her good morning would be a nice thing to do and a cute thing to do BUT I worry it could come off as clingy or slightly creepy??

I don't wanna do it everyday, maybe send a good morning text with a have a good day with your classes, or work once or twice a week.

Any thoughts?

Once or twice a week is fine. Girls like to know they are on your mind, and you are thinking of them. If she thinks that is creepy, she's the weird one.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

I'd say only do it if you add something extra like "Good morning. I'm feeling good today. Hopefully, you're feeling better." or "Good morning. Just remember, a lovely woman like you gets better every minute. Therefore, you are getting lovelier 1440 times a day."

I do stuff like that from time to time and all who receive it appreciate it, even if they make fun of me for being super cheesy.

Test the waters, send one and see if she sends one back? If you just started dating it might come off as clingy or needy.

My gf texts me good morning almost every morning before work, and I definitely appreciate the thought!
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

do you already talk to her by text? how long ya been texting?

It will come off as clingy. You ARE clingy. Did you not get a big enough scare from asking if you're official on the first date? A good morning text is okay occasionally, but don't make it seem like you want her to carry on texting you all day, which I would bet money is what you actually want.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by James Banes View Post
    I'd say only do it if you add something extra like "Good morning. I'm feeling good today. Hopefully, you're feeling better." or "Good morning. Just remember, a lovely woman like you gets better every minute. Therefore, you are getting lovelier 1440 times a day."

I do stuff like that from time to time and all who receive it appreciate it, even if they make fun of me for being super cheesy.
    Don't actually do this.

how long have you known her and have you texted her already? if your just starting out i wouldnt do the goodmonring crap until shes shown or told ya what her interest is. if she said somthing like cant wait to see you or cant wait for another date your door is open to text basicly im thinking of you more now crap. lets put it this way, would you call and say to say goodmorning? if not i dont think you'd text it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Don't actually do this.
    He can do whatever he wants. It works for me though.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    how long have you known her and have you texted her already? if your just starting out i wouldnt do the goodmonring crap until shes shown or told ya what her interest is. if she said somthing like cant wait to see you or cant wait for another date your door is open to text basicly im thinking of you more now crap. lets put it this way, would you call and say to say goodmorning? if not i dont think you'd text it.

we have been talking for aabout a month and a half. we've texted before
    met up once, had a good time and are gonna see how we are face to face chemisty wise before we jump into a relationship

you've seen her once in a month and a half? shakes head...skip the good morning BS and ask if she wants to get a bite to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    you've seen her once in a month and a half? shakes head...skip the good morning BS and ask if she wants to get a bite to eat.

well we met on a dating site and she told me she would like to get to know me online first so she would feel more comfortable meeting in person

I'm also very curious about this! I always loved receiving good morning texts from my ex, and am wondering when the appropriate time to start is!

sadie_genie Guest
    It is only clingy and creepy if she doesn't like you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast