+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My girlfriend dumped me. I feel like I have no reason to live whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Trust me, If they know the state you're in, they'll want you to get the help you need so that you have the emotional and mental tools to cope with these kinds of things in the future. I'm sure they don't want to lose their son either so why don't you just call them and see what they say? If I'm not right then you were and then that's one solution that was useless but at least it's out of the way. If I'm right then, have a good flight.

IMO you shouldn't be hooking up with women right away because of the very reason(s) you state and because you will make a lousy partner at the moment. So, if you happen to really like who you're hooking up with (more than just for sex) you will ruin it because she won't like you back when you're not the best you that you can be... so it's kinda of a useless exercise at the moment.

If you won't call your parents and lean on them (that's what they're there for, amongst other things of course) then I suggest you go to your school councelor and have a sit down.
    The first thing I did on Monday was make an appointment with them and my first sitting is tomorrow. As much as I want to kill myself, I do realize how terrible it is going to make my parents feel. At the point, I am not able to talk to my ex and she is acting like she is dead to me. I feel like I have lost a loved one. It is a feeling I would never want to put my parents through.

Today, I did make what I would call some progress. I was finally able to touch the things she left behind and put them in a box and put it away safely. I hung out with an old friend for a few hours and we made plans to go clubbing to another town for the next weekend. I did tell him everything I was going through and he was a more than good listener. One thing I feel proud of is that I have nothing bad to say about her to anyone at all. I do mention her in good terms and lament the fact that it did not work out. However, once I came back to my place, I started feeling shitty again.

One day at a time, Arty. You're doing the right thing by talking with your school councelor, hanging with friends and keeping yourself busy. Each day will get better if you use your time wisely, by doing your best not to dwell and utilizing the school councelor to help you through the 5 stages of grief until you're at the 6th stage which is indifference.

Be well.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Well I had my first appointment with the counsellor today and it sure did help to be able to talk to someone, without the fear of being judged. But I still feel increibly upset. The counsellor advised me that no contact was the best way to go about things and today I have not tried to talk to her so far. I did talk to my parents and tell them I wanted to come home over the break. The next thing I know, my travel agent back home emailed me a travel itenary.

Quote Originally Posted by ARTY_07 View Post
    Well I had my first appointment with the counsellor today and it sure did help to be able to talk to someone, without the fear of being judged. But I still feel increibly upset. The counsellor advised me that no contact was the best way to go about things and today I have not tried to talk to her so far. I did talk to my parents and tell them I wanted to come home over the break. The next thing I know, my travel agent back home emailed me a travel itenary.
    That's great!
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Long distance never works......move on buddy.....there are plenty of women out there....

yeah long disnever work 95% of the time. like 30 min to an hour is about max. after the dust settles down you will feel better. go grab a bite to eat with some friends. there are more girls and no one is worth getting yourself so worked up about. your already proving you can live alone, you just dont want to acept your alone...and likes ive said be.... ITS OK TO BE SINGLE!

Long distance relationships rarely work and are usually toxic...I would know from experience there are so many other girls out there that you need to discover and compare this relationship to...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12