+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I like you or I'm interested in you

I like you or I'm interested in you

Which one sound sbetter to say to a girl? I have heard saying I like you to a girl sounds desperate or clingy. Saying I'm interested sounds more confident

Not my opinion but I have had a couple of friends tell me always say "I'm interested in you, and I would like to take you out on a date"

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    "I like you" seems more natural to me....
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

How about just asking her out on the date. Doing that shows her in actions that you're interested. You'll have plenty of time to actually tell her you like her and are interested when/ if your relationship progresses.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

"I like you" to me means anything, but usually means you're in the friend zone. So I always use the word "date" if that's what I want. "I'd like to date you sometime. Are you single?"
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

I agree that there is no real need to announce that you like her or are interested. If you ask someone out on a date, that shows interest in and of itself as Wakeup said. But it is important to use the word "date" as Bulrush said. You don't want there to be any confusion about the type of interest you are expressing.

I have found that declaring how you feel about someone (I like you or I am interested in you) before you even date is what is seen as clingy and possibly even a little creepy.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Here's a real example of how easy it is.
    I'm about to ask a girl out that I work with. We've exchanged eye contact a few times, and have briefly ever even spoken to each other. I sense a good amount of chemistry between us. Next week I'm going to walk up to her and say "hey you should get to know me better. lets hit a bar sometime", and if she says something like shes got a boyfriend or shes not interested, I'm going to say "thats ashame, if your heart changes hit me up", and hand her my number (all while keeping direct eye contact and not fidgeting or sweating like a nervous twerp!!!). If she says she will go out, then its on. no big deal! I'm not going to get disappointed if she says no. Theres a HUGE chance she will say no since I think she has a boyfriend, but girls aren't going to dislike you for getting the confidence to pull a move like that. In fact they appreciate and value guys who can keep their composure in situations that most people find incredibly difficult and awkward. Great composure is incredibly sexy to a woman, whether you're rejected or not, you will stick out in a great way.
    "
    btw this leaves a ton of opportunity for her to change her mind if she does reject initially. ever had a girl ask you out and you say "no" and then you start thinking about them more and contemplating if maybe you should of gone on a date with them? Well they will think like that too. They will start looking you up to see if they should date you, where perhaps before you make the initial approach they have never even considered the option so their initial response was premature.
    Last edited by elny1; 30-09-11 at 11:05 PM.

Heres one i was told i never heard before. i like your attentoin

i like you, is just too confusing it can mean literally antyhing

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    'I would like to get to know you better. Let's ________ (fill in blank)'
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by doug8787 View Post
    Which one sound sbetter to say to a girl? I have heard saying I like you to a girl sounds desperate or clingy. Saying I'm interested sounds more confident

Not my opinion but I have had a couple of friends tell me always say "I'm interested in you, and I would like to take you out on a date"
    Personally, either has worked for me... but IMNSHO, "You're interesting, I'd like to know you better" sounds better. A partner should interest you. Come to think of it, the word "Intriguing" sounds well... intriguing.