+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can't figure this girl out

Can't figure this girl out

So I've been getting closer with this girl at school but I'm a bit puzzled by her behaviour. Yesterday we were at a party and later at a bar and things were great at the start of the evening. At the party I froze and was drawn into my shell, when that happens all my past traumas awaken and I have a very hard time being around people. She dragged me to the dance floor but I was half paralyzed and really akward so people were shunned away from me. Feeling a bit discouraged I went and sat at the table and she was busy dancing and chatting to a bunch of guys. So I thought that she probably wasn't interested in me, I can live with that.

However after she'd left to her friends place I got a sms from that she needs to talk with me. She called me and was upset and angry because she felt we're arguing constantly. She didn't want to talk anymore so I texted her and said I'm sorry if I hurt her in anyway and that I really liked her. She's still hitting me up on FB all the time and today we went out for pizza with yesterdays group (she invited me along). I'm also getting sexual innuendos from her when we chat.

I can't figure her out at all. Does she want to be just friends? Did she want me along there just so I wouldn't feel left outside (I'm 7 years older than most others here). Why all the flirting and stuff but at the same time I get the opposite from her too.
    Is something I'm doing that she's reacting to?

You are a big boy now.......stop acting like you are 13 and just ask her out on a date then take it from there...

Yeah I guess your right. I'd just rather not have it become really akward because I know I'd have a hard time talking to her afterwards.
    You can call me a pussy but I'm somewhat in a shielded mode right now, I just don't feel comfortable throwing myself out there.

Nothing will ever change in your life unless you take risks. Sticking your head in the sand will only bring you more grief, as you watch her go out with someone else.

Smackie9 has the right idea bro.

Confidence is the most attractive thing to a women. You see couples all the time where people think "Wtf?". Get a hold of yourself and shake off that shyness. She already seems to like you for some reason (Physical? Personality?, etc?), now just be a little more confident and conquer that shit.