+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Was this the wrong assumption?

Was this the wrong assumption?

It was pretty evident my ex and I both still have feelings for each other. This is based off of him pretty much treating me like I'm his girlfriend and paying constant attention to me, kissing me on the cheek, holding on my hand, etc.When I left his school to come back to mine, everything seemed fine.

Four days passes. Nothing happens.

Finally, we talked yesterday he told me he doesn't want any sort of relationship. This I can deal with and I knew this. But in relation to that, he said, "I don't know how I feel about you and I don't think I want to figure it out," even though it was pretty clear, not just to me, but to everyone, that he still has something for me and he's said it previously.

Can someone help me figure out what exactly is going on here?

he is obviously indecisive of his feeling toward you. Don't speak to him for a few days...NC usually works! In saying that, wouldn't you rather be in a relationship with a man who knows 100% that he WANTS TO BE WITH YOU?!

Sounds like he wants to keep things casual between you two and be free to play the field. If you have strong feelings for him you should distance yourself, because being friends with will make it extremely difficult to move on and will involve a lot of heartache, especially when he gets another girl!

If you feel indifferent to him then you can choose to be friends, or friends with benefits if you want, but run if you start feeling anything for him. He has done the courtesy of telling you he doesn't want to be in a relationship with you, so it will be your fault later down the line if you choose to be friends and it backfires.