+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey need advice.

You've just described the booty call relastionship to a "T"

If you don't want to be booty only, then stop only being booty. It's really that simple, doll.

Have you even had the sexually exclusive talk?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    You've just described the booty call relastionship to a "T"

If you don't want to be booty only, then stop only being booty. It's really that simple, doll.

Have you even had the sexually exclusive talk?
    haha apparantly not.. i dunno this happpens all the time.
    and i dont try to be a booty, i like sex too

Tell the guys what you want straight up from the beginning, but don't make it sound like you're bashing them over the head with it. Tell them I want to find someone who is willing to be in a committed relationship with me, and stick to that.

Quote Originally Posted by aylie View Post
    haha apparantly not.. i dunno this happpens all the time.
    and i dont try to be a booty, i like sex too
    You can like sex and not make yourself the booty call. What's wrong with you? Are you so desperate to be with a man that you're afraid to rock the boat so you allow yourself to become a booty call over and over again and then come here and ask strangers why you are a booty call? Stop doing what you've always done and maybe what's always happened won't.

Invite him out to dinner and be prepared to pay since you're doing the inviting. If he says no, then consider your relationship not going any further than the bedroom. If he says yes, then enjoy and keep steering your interactions more towards an emotional connection with him so it's not all about the sex only. It's quite easy to see why what's happening to you keeps happening.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

My advice is this... look for men who don't come at you like crazy... if you are 'Hot' then there are a lot of other guys who are shy... but do not dare to approach you. Try approaching one or two of these 'shy' guys instead. They might be who you are looking for. Just my suggestion.

lol sure but i dont know if i wana post photos on here..
    You don't have to, but you can PM one to me.
    I'm kind of picky with women who I would like to have "sexual relations" with. But I have the ones who I would keep as friends, not with benefits, and just hang out with them as mutual.
    Quote Originally Posted by warriormaiden View Post
    If he seems really really really sweet and genuine. Usually those are the ones who slowly nudge you towards the hypothetical bedroom.
    I hate those. They trip me up ALL the time.
    Yeah, that is me all the way. I would guess that the more I wait, the better the food tastes. LOL.
    So I do apologize.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Someone posted earllier that it had nothing to do with age, and I totally disagree. What exactly do you have in common with a 27 year old contractor? I am not saying this to be malicious, but maybe the reason you are always in this sex loop with all these older guys is because it is the most common ground you have with them. I think it is the approach that is wrong here. What are you looking for in a guy? What are your interests? Make sure you are compatable before giving it a try. This doesn't mean you need to be stuck up on men, or not date older guys, but make sure you take a step in logically and know you have some common ground with him before hand.

Quote Originally Posted by warriormaiden View Post
    If a guy comes up to me and says 'Hey Sexy.'

If he compliments my beauty alot. I.E, 'You are the most beautiful girl here."

If he's really touchy, when I've just met him.

If he seems really interested about me, but yet deflects questions that are about himself.

If he seems really really really sweet and genuine. Usually those are the ones who slowly nudge you towards the hypothetical bedroom.
    I hate those. They trip me up ALL the time.
    I'm a guy and I agree with Warriormaiden. I really try to avoid commenting on a girl's appearance but sometimes I just really like their outfit or hair or something, and I say so. I probably ruined it for myself by giving them a compliment. But I'm not out for sex alone, I do want to get to know her as a person.

Next, young guys sexual peak begins at about age 14 and ends around age 50 or so. Their hormones are VERY strong, so this is all they think about, 24 hours a day, every 30 seconds. They can't help it, it's how they are built. Now add in the fact that most men are socialized to ignore their emotional component of their brains, as small as that part is, which means they don't understand women's emotional needs. That's the hardwired part of men's brains.

So what you are seeing in men that only want sex, are weak men who go with their hormones, because it's too hard to change and be someone classy. Besides, many men just want to have fun sexually, because it is not realistic to find one woman secure enough to satisfy him sexually. (I'm in my 40s, and I think I found that one special woman who might be able to keep up with me in bed. But we also care very much for each other, it's not just about sex.)
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Quote Originally Posted by workingman78 View Post
    Someone posted earllier that it had nothing to do with age, and I totally disagree. What exactly do you have in common with a 27 year old contractor? I am not saying this to be malicious, but maybe the reason you are always in this sex loop with all these older guys is because it is the most common ground you have with them. I think it is the approach that is wrong here. What are you looking for in a guy? What are your interests? Make sure you are compatable before giving it a try. This doesn't mean you need to be stuck up on men, or not date older guys, but make sure you take a step in logically and know you have some common ground with him before hand.
    yeah i understand what you are saying, we really didn't have similar interests and i met him at a friends engagement party.. I guess it was a physical attraction but i did like his personality and he seems sweet.. but whatever i told him i didnt want to see him anymore today, and i am happy with it. but i still want to know what i can do differently in the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Nice Lover Boy View Post
    You don't have to, but you can PM one to me.
    I'm kind of picky with women who I would like to have "sexual relations" with. But I have the ones who I would keep as friends, not with benefits, and just hang out with them as mutual.

Yeah, that is me all the way. I would guess that the more I wait, the better the food tastes. LOL.
    So I do apologize.
    everyguy that likes me or i date cant wait.. ever

but i still want to know what i can do differently in the future...
    Seems you can't wait either. That's what you should do differently in the future because you're not waiting long enough for them to be emotionally connected to you (at all) so it starts out fast and burns out just as quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Seems you can't wait either. That's what you should do differently in the future because you're not waiting long enough for them to be emotionally connected to you (at all) so it starts out fast and burns out just as quickly.
    thats true...i meet guys easily and i date a lot. and majority of the time they end up pretty good the dates i mean but your right about the starting fast.. i just dont know how to take it slow lol

I think you need to re invent what you look for in a man. Have you ever sat down and asked yourself what it is about a mans personality that turns your crank? What is it that a man can do to keep your attention for a while and peak your interest in him? other then physical attraction that is.

An example for you to use about myself. I like a woman to be a outdoor person, smart, more inclined to country living vs city, enjoys animals and pets. Must be a chatter box, I like to have my ear talked off. Must like to debate, but not argue, I can't handle a person who's idea of problem resolution involves a swearing, screaming, and a frying pan. I like someone who doesn't dance around a problem though, but is head on in dealing with stuff. I haven't even said anything about her looks yet, but I know that if a woman has those qualities to start it will lead into something better.

Now I am a bit flexible in what I want but I do know that this is a good base for me to start. And the nice part is that most women that posses these qualities are attracted to me for similar reasons.

Try me....
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12