+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I being played for a fool?

Am I being played for a fool?

Some back story (extent of my confusion) can be found in my 'previous posts' not massively relevant but there..

Am I being played for a fool? (23f)

My current boyfriend (25) has difficulty talking about how he feels or thinks about things, its never bothered me and Iv always felt pretty understanding not to push it, that eventually he’ll feel comfortable enough to express himself in other ways.
    A few weeks ago we had an argument about him being in contact with his ex, sending her gifts etc.. I told him why it had bothered me and there was no resolve, he pretty much said once that there just friends and pretty much I just have to get over it.

We live together, but I have been staying with friends a lot until I get a place of my own. It inevitable that I stay at our house a few nights of the week, at first things were ok, just like we were friend.

We ended up drunkenly sleeping together, and since then I’ve had the feeling that he wanted to be with me and would try make a go of things. I felt he didn’t really know how to approach the situation, so, I wrote him a note. Kept it short and to the point. It pretty much said that I wanted reassurance from the ex situation, that I wanted him to make an effort to make the relationship work, and that I wanted him to want to talk with me about it.

I still kind of get the feeling he wants the relationship without the hassle of resolving the argument.. After work he usually has plans with friends, I don’t know if this is an excuse not to talk, or to just get over things, or because he just dosn't care but day by day I’m feeling more and more like an idiot.

This is my second relationship, my first lasted little under 7 years. This is his second also but his first was a year.

I don’t know if I’m making excuses for him, Taking it into to much consideration that he's not massively experienced with relationships. Do men really struggle so much talking about emotion or is he just stringing me along? if he really wanted to be with me wouldn’t he fight for this relationship rather then just let it slip down the pan.

TL;DR Is my ex stringing me along, or dose he want to make this relationship work.
    Last edited by Cortana; 27-10-11 at 01:55 AM.