+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Co-worker question

Co-worker question

Hi everyone,

I am making the transition from the Broken Hearts forum to this forum (a big step unto itself for me!) and I have a question about a co-worker I met today. I work for a large North American city and there are many, many employees. I met her when I was at her facility renewing my drivers license.

At first look I realized she was different, it dawned on me quite hard that there ARE other women out there beside my ex. I never thought I would meet someone comparable to my ex but today I did. I guess I surprised myself; her laugh, her eyes, her words...they all really got to me. I am SURE she was flirting with me too. Great feeling, even if it doesnt pan out. Great feeling of hope.

My question is, I saw a ring on her ring finger on her left hand but was not a wedding ring as far as I could see. She had a picture of a young child on her desk but no man in the picture. She gave me her business card and called me sweetie and darling and if I needed to upgrade my license again to call her.

Now, I am new to this and I do NOT want to overstep any boundaries; I thought I would send an email saying something like "thank you for today, you really helped me out a lot! Keep in touch!" or something like that.

Any advice on how to get her attention again or find out if she is married?

Dating at 40 is hard work!
    Last edited by Toddstar; 27-10-11 at 01:32 AM. Reason: sp

I would go with what your thinking, tell her you apprecated her helping you out and say somthing like want to do lunch one day? that way it looks more work related then anything. new lady i met is 100% single but she wears a ring on her wedding finger also and its not a wedding ring nor was she ever married i found out. normaly a ring is warm is they are really nuts wanting to be married, to fend off men or there is somthing close to their heart, possibly her child. look to see if the ring has somthing pointing towards her or away, towards means somthing has her heart, away means its just for looks. im going off what my ex wife told me so far its held true.

Thanks! I just dont want to come across as creepy. But then again, I will propbably never see her again anyway, so what the worst that can happen?

Well, I did it! And I got a lunch date! I am actually quite surprised, we really do get what we want if we just ask!

Man I am excited!!!

She gave me her business card and called me sweetie and darling and if I needed to upgrade my license again to call her.
    It's very common for women raised in the South to do this. It means nothing romantic.

Now, I am new to this and I do NOT want to overstep any boundaries; I thought I would send an email saying something like "thank you for today, you really helped me out a lot! Keep in touch!" or something like that.
    This is a nice email, but it's not flirty and sends no real message. Send her another message a day later...oh wait, you have a date already. Good for you!

Remember not to overdo the first date. Don't overwhelm her. Just make small talk, ask about her life, her hobbies and interests. Get to know her.
    Last edited by bulrush; 28-10-11 at 08:14 PM.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Welll....she hasnt contacted me since Thursday when she said she'd let me know about Tuesday. If I dont hear from her on Monday I guess it wasnt meant to be.