+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Co-worker

Co-worker

Heres the situation:

I've always been on friendly terms with this girl from work who I'm going to call J but a few weeks ago she txts me out of the blue saying whats up etc etc.

She's asked me to her house for dinner but it never happened and the other night we were drinking together and occasionally our eyes would meet and they would be locked there for like 5 seconds and it just felt really good, she would press her leg against mine and touch my arm, obvious IOIs etc.

That same night we went out clubbing with some other co workers and one of them (lets call her L) goes to me: "Are you guys going out?" and I'm like "Na" and shes like "Oh ok you guys look really close".

It was still going good and J asks me to dance, so we dance for a bit but I'm a shitty dancer so I go sit down with some mates to chill for a bit, then about 30 mins later I go back to the dance floor and see shes hooking up with some dude.

I was pretty gutted so I went to sit back down with my mates and I see L. Shes talking to J and pointing at me. I'm hoping shes saying something like wtf are you doing you guys look great together lol.

But anyway on with the story, so we move to the next club and J turns up a bit later with the dude she was hooking up with and me and L dance together and shes grinding on me etc. Then I go to the toilet and come back and lean against the bar, J's man must have gone somewhere briefly cause she walks up to me and puts her arm through mine and squeezes it.

Then the dude comes back and she looks up at me with these cute eyes but then gaps it with the dude after he says something in her ear.

Fast forward a bit and they are going home in a taxi together.

Anyway, I knew I liked J a bit before that night but seeing her hook up with another dude really confirmed it for me. Now I'm not sure if its too late for me though. I'm gonna try and see her tomorrow and be straight up and say "This is pretty embarrassing for me, I've never let myself be this vulnerable to anyone before but when I saw you hooking up with that dude the other night I realised I really like you. I dont know what to do from here but if you feel anything towards me let me know but if not tell me so I can move on and stop thinking about you."

God that was long winded but yeah... What do you people think?

Tone Guest
    I think your plan sounds good!

Talk to her about it. It's not like she did anything wrong... you guys aren't together. Maybe she's been waiting for you to make a move and she's tired of waiting- so hooking up w/ a dude when she knew you were there is her way to see where you stand w/ her?

Who knows though, only one way to find out - talk to her!

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lulz View Post
    Heres the situation:

I've always been on friendly terms with this girl from work who I'm going to call J but a few weeks ago she txts me out of the blue saying whats up etc etc.

She's asked me to her house for dinner but it never happened and the other night we were drinking together and occasionally our eyes would meet and they would be locked there for like 5 seconds and it just felt really good, she would press her leg against mine and touch my arm, obvious IOIs etc.

That same night we went out clubbing with some other co workers and one of them (lets call her L) goes to me: "Are you guys going out?" and I'm like "Na" and shes like "Oh ok you guys look really close".

It was still going good and J asks me to dance, so we dance for a bit but I'm a shitty dancer so I go sit down with some mates to chill for a bit, then about 30 mins later I go back to the dance floor and see shes hooking up with some dude.

I was pretty gutted so I went to sit back down with my mates and I see L. Shes talking to J and pointing at me. I'm hoping shes saying something like wtf are you doing you guys look great together lol.

But anyway on with the story, so we move to the next club and J turns up a bit later with the dude she was hooking up with and me and L dance together and shes grinding on me etc. Then I go to the toilet and come back and lean against the bar, J's man must have gone somewhere briefly cause she walks up to me and puts her arm through mine and squeezes it.

Then the dude comes back and she looks up at me with these cute eyes but then gaps it with the dude after he says something in her ear.

Fast forward a bit and they are going home in a taxi together.

Anyway, I knew I liked J a bit before that night but seeing her hook up with another dude really confirmed it for me. Now I'm not sure if its too late for me though. I'm gonna try and see her tomorrow and be straight up and say "This is pretty embarrassing for me, I've never let myself be this vulnerable to anyone before but when I saw you hooking up with that dude the other night I realised I really like you. I dont know what to do from here but if you feel anything towards me let me know but if not tell me so I can move on and stop thinking about you."

God that was long winded but yeah... What do you people think?
    Don't get involved with her, it's not going to end well.

And stop with the PUA talk. We're human beings over here, and generally, PUA stuff is crap if you're looking for something more than a hook-up. Yes, the lessons on confidence/assertiveness are good, but they take it way too far.

In the wastelands between insomnia and clarevoiance
    What is it with you people and acronyms. I have no idea what PUA or IOI is...

Anyway, I think the best idea is to leave her be. Find someone else. She could just be teasing you... I think that confronting her is (as Mathias said) not going to end well. And in combination with the fact that she is a co-worker...
    BACAMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Charity is gay.

Sounds like a bit of a tease to me