+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how would you approach a girl you like?

how would you approach a girl you like?

So i pass her twice a week after my last class at the college i go to. she is siting on a bench waiting for her ride to come. I don't want to come off as a creep but i have had a huge crush on her since 8th grade. we never really had a conversation though because im incredibly shy and she is the only person i can think of that is shyer then me . People actually thought she was mute in high school. She has the cutest smile ever, shes extremely hot and seems like a really sweet person. It's extremely hard for me to talk to her , i have been to afraid to talk to her for about 5 years. But nothing will happen if i don't take the risk so i will for sure make my self talk to her tomorrow, but what do i say?... Im a stranger to her.. im not sure she recognizing me from high school.. Im gonna start off with a Hi and smile then how should i follow up? I was thinking of saying didn't you go to __ high school? i went there to. so how do you like college? Or i was thinking of saying i like your coat after i say hi. any ideas? please nothing to bold ..i can't go up to her, sit next to her and be like hey! your cute.

Well you have to talk to her see if she's interested but why bother if you're really shy? Cause if you're shy even if you could get her on a date, you think you can keep a girl if you're shy? You have to fix that first and become a confident man. Don't be afriad of women, just go for it, ask her out on a date, if she says no big deal. Trust me I've asked girls out and they have made an excuse but I don't care if they say no, big deal get over it.

Just sit next to her and ask her how she is doing. Then introduce yourself if she doesn't already know your name. Then you could say, "You are *name here* right?" "I saw you sitting by yourself so I thought I come over and say hi".
    Then proceed to ask her about the classes she is taking, blah blah blah. The you tell her "I gotta go now, well it was nice talking with ya", "So you want to hang out sometime?" *ask for her number.

i know once i get to know her a little better i wont be shy and i don't think i can sit next to her... she knows i pass that way so for me to just out of the blue one day sit next to her is weird. im a stranger to her.. since the only time i can remember talking to her was when she passed back some work papers in class we exchanged like 2 or 3 words... What do you think of this opener ? Hi! your name is ____right? i rememeber you from middle school so how do u like college?

Man you can't think like that. You are 100 steps behind the starting line and if she's a good looker with college and work, this girl will have been asked out probably 4-5 times in the time its taken you to ask that and get a response from some obnoxious wanker like me. At work you just don't understand, like if one hot chic starts her first day, it is a RACE between the men of the workplace, and a week later you'll hear these guys in the canteen "Did you see that girl in xxx? Yeah fit isn't she? Yeah, she got a fella? Might go and say hello". Smiling to themselves as if they got the balls to be in with a chance, and in that time the guys who don't THINK have already taken this girl out and probably slept with her!

Quote Originally Posted by shadower4 View Post
    i know once i get to know her a little better i wont be shy and i don't think i can sit next to her... she knows i pass that way so for me to just out of the blue one day sit next to her is weird. im a stranger to her.. since the only time i can remember talking to her was when she passed back some work papers in class we exchanged like 2 or 3 words... What do you think of this opener ? Hi! your name is ____right? i rememeber you from middle school so how do u like college?
    Dude how else are you going to meet her and get to know her? You have to come up to her sometime or another. A confident guy would just do that. As a women, I am impressed by a guy that just walks up to me and starts talking to me....even tho I'm not single, I do tell them they did it right and it's good to see a guy willing to make the effort...kudos. So sitting next to her is an opener, be smooth maybe a little cockey but funny, eye contact.

You could break the ice saying "Excuse me, can you tell me what time it is?" After she answers, then say, "Thank you! Oh, hey, I think I recognize you! Didn't you go to such-and-such High School?" She'll say "Yes!". Introduce yourself and she will do the same. And then you can take it from there! Easy! Ask her how she likes college, what she's majoring in, what classes she's taking. If she's taking similar classes to you, you can ask if sometime you can study together. Or, if things feel right you could ask if you can take her to lunch sometime or something like that. Ask for her phone number. Or approach her about lunch and/or her number on the second time you approach her so it's a little easier for you!
    Last edited by SunRiver; 07-11-11 at 08:41 AM.

First make small talk with her for a few days. If she actually CAN talk, then you might want to ask her out. If she has a boyfriend, she might say so. Sometimes girls say they have a boyfriend in another town as a polite way of saying "no" to a date request. And be sure to use the word "date" so she knows exactly what it is. Don't make the situation more awkward by letting her think you are just friends.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Quote Originally Posted by shadower4 View Post
    ...I was thinking of saying didn't you go to __ high school? i went there to...
    HA, I said that to a chick I saw walking into the Post Office (couldn't think of any other way to start the conversation, she didn't go there, but we were in my town), we talked for about 45 minutes (probably too long, I tend to do that while trying to think of how to ask her for her number, lol). I gota make the conversation short and sweet.

i chickened out.... i had the perfect opportunity .. i even passed her before she sat down on the bench and my mouth just wouldn't open. She sat down and i was around the corner yelling in my head DO IT!! WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE!! So i walked by her again and almost said hi but my mouth wouldn't open so i once again walked by and sat on a bench near hers and just looked at her until her ride came... ( she did not notice i was looking at her). I know i sound like a stalker now... and i know a lot of you people are going to be like MAN UP YOU loser YOUR NOT READY TO HAVE A GIRL FRIEND! I felt so confident i could do it untill the time came and i chickened out... How can i force my self to just do it? i feel like im going parachuting and my mind is saying it's safe , jump out of the plan but my body wont let me. I hate my self for being such a whimp...