+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Durex scented/flavored condoms?

Durex scented/flavored condoms?

My boyfriend bought a pack of Durex condoms, we usually always buy Trojan (and have been for the past 9 months since first having sex), but this time he picked up Durex because apparently it was "6 dollars cheaper". Are they just as safe as Trojan? Also, it's a "pleasure pack" with a variety of styles, much like how it is for the Trojan pleasure pack is except Durex offers scented and I think flavored ones or they're scented and flavored at the same time in the pack as well. Something like that... But are those safe for vaginal sex or not? I am finding mixed reviews of how they are safe and don't cause issues but then other sources say they can cause women problems such as yeast infections. Have any of you ever used Durex scented/flavored condoms for sex? Or should they JUST be used for oral? Are they just as safe as all the other condoms in the pack then? If they'd just be intended for oral then wouldn't they not be as strong? You'd think if they weren't safe for sex they'd have it labeled or stated on the box? But I didn't see anywhere on the box or the condoms themselves claiming the scented/flavored ones were just for oral. I know this all may sound silly, but I never used Durex brand before or a sceneted/flavored condom for that matter and want to know your experiences/opinions on this.

I've used a variety of condoms (hated them all) but have never had a problem with breakage or anything like that.

Yes flavored condoms are designed for oral but to the best of my knowledge they are perfectly safe for vavinal (or even anal) sex.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Condoms for oral? Yoy know you cant get pregnant that way, dont you?
    Also, condoms are only 99% safe, so every 100 times you have sex you will get pregnant, Thats why im stuck on 99, total ballache it is.

Quote Originally Posted by mwahahaha View Post
    Condoms for oral? Yoy know you cant get pregnant that way, dont you?
    Also, condoms are only 99% safe, so every 100 times you have sex you will get pregnant, Thats why im stuck on 99, total ballache it is.
    Lmao!

Pregnancy is only one of the problems condoms protect against....
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Of course you can't get pregnant from oral sex, condoms that are intended/used for oral protect against things such as STD's too, just as the condoms would protect against STD's and STI's for vaginal intercourse as well. I've read various studies claiming all different percentages regarding "perfect usage" and their failure rates etc. for condoms. I am on birth control anyway and take it regularly and have been for months now, so condoms are more like my "extra" or back up protection. If the condom broke it wouldn't be the end of the world for me, although a little nerve wracking at first, but I do take the pill so I wouldn't bee too concerned about if it failed. Condoms are secondary protection for my boyfriend and I. But that wasn't even my point. I just wanted to know if the scented/flavored ones are okay for vaginal intercourse.

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    I've used a variety of condoms (hated them all) but have never had a problem with breakage or anything like that.

Yes flavored condoms are designed for oral but to the best of my knowledge they are perfectly safe for vavinal (or even anal) sex.
    The only condoms I've ever had a problem with have been the Trojan ultra thin ones. And not just me personally, they'd annoy my boyfriend too of how they felt.
    I've read how flavored ones can be used for vaginal or anal, but some sources had conflicting claims of how they're not as strong quality as the regular ones or can cause yeast infections due to the sugars or something in the flavoring.

To be honest twiz, you shouldnt really be having sex if you think your bf has an sti or you dont want his baby. This is the problem with the world, people have sex with people they dont trust and with people that they dont want children with. Its a recipe for disaster. Sex doesnt exist for fun, its for reproduction. If you want "safe " fun, get a playstation.
    As for the flavoured condoms, why would you want them in your flower? You got taste buds down there?

He doesn't have an STI, I never said he did. Condoms in general help protect against STD's and STI's. My boyfriend and I were both virgins before we had sex with each other and we are monogamous and both never had STI's or STD's so for us that isn't a problem but we still continue and like to be as safe as possible. Woah don't trust or not wanting children with him? I am only 19, I am in college and not looking to have children YET, but it doesn't mean I wouldn't ever want children with him or that I don't trust him. If I didn't trust him I wouldn't have sex with him in the first place. And sex can be a lot of things, reproduction yes, but also a way to bond emotionally and physically with a partner and it also feels good too. It's a combination of things. And fuc.k playstation, XBOX is my shit. My flower? Wtf? It's a vagina and no, I wouldn't usually want flavored things in my "flower" but hey if they're the last thing in the box and available/safe to use for vaginal sex then why not of they're still safe.

Wow, your posts are starting to make sense now, xbox, lol. Can you even get a decent golf game for that piece of junk console?
    Back to your orignal question, Its probably not 100% safe to put strawberry favoured condoms in your flower, but nothing is 100% safe. Probably best to lock yourself in your bedroom and play your xbox, until all the scientists have cured cancer and aids and have gotten round to making safe flavoured condoms. As for sex being about a way to bond emotionally and physically with a partner, lol . ok . I suggest you watch less oprah and start living in the real world. Say that to your bf and watch him trying to keep a straight face. Anyway good luck with your xbox view of the world.

Most name brands on the market are tested and safe. I don't believe in using condoms because I think it's obstructing and really uncomfortable. I've had sex for the last 20 years with many women (GFs and strangers), and never used condoms. I have not contracted any STDs or got anyone accidentally pregnant. Goes to show you don't need a condom if you know what you are doing,

Wow, your posts are starting to make sense now, xbox, lol. Can you even get a decent golf game for that piece of junk console?
    Back to your orignal question, Its probably not 100% safe to put strawberry favoured condoms in your flower, but nothing is 100% safe. Probably best to lock yourself in your bedroom and play your xbox, until all the scientists have cured cancer and aids and have gotten round to making safe flavoured condoms. As for sex being about a way to bond emotionally and physically with a partner, lol . ok . I suggest you watch less oprah and start living in the real world. Say that to your bf and watch him trying to keep a straight face. Anyway good luck with your xbox view of the world.
    LOL. Yeah, while I am at it, might as well get a chastity belt too. Dude, I use regular condoms not JUST scented ones. This time this particular box has some and since I have never used that kind before I was curious if the scented or flavored ones could still be safe for vaginal intercourse since the box and website doesn't advise that they aren't. 1) I can't stand Oprah. 2) I live in the "real world" 3) you're being an ass hole and 4) my boyfriend views sex the same way that I do. Not all guys or people view sex as simply for "reproducing" or just for "fun". It can be a way to connect/bond and enjoy, not something that's selfish or frowned upon if not done simply for "reproducing". Sorry that your apparent outlook on life (for whatever unfortunate reason) prohibits you from not being so narrow minded/judgmental.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaius View Post
    Most name brands on the market are tested and safe. I don't believe in using condoms because I think it's obstructing and really uncomfortable. I've had sex for the last 20 years with many women (GFs and strangers), and never used condoms. I have not contracted any STDs or got anyone accidentally pregnant. Goes to show you don't need a condom if you know what you are doing,
    I've found sometimes that condoms can be too. The friction in particular that's caused by them after a while can be very uncomfortable. For the most part I don't mind condoms. But then again It's all I have ever experienced which to me sex always felt great but I am sure with out a condom it'd be a whole different feeling that I can't imagine haha. I wouldn't mind and would some day like to experience how it feels with out one, but for now I am being as safe as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiz View Post
    LOL. Yeah, while I am at it, might as well get a chastity belt too. Dude, I use regular condoms not JUST scented ones. This time this particular box has some and since I have never used that kind before I was curious if the scented or flavored ones could still be safe for vaginal intercourse since the box and website doesn't advise that they aren't. 1) I can't stand Oprah. 2) I live in the "real world" 3) you're being an ass hole and 4) my boyfriend views sex the same way that I do. Not all guys or people view sex as simply for "reproducing" or just for "fun". It can be a way to connect/bond and enjoy, not something that's selfish or frowned upon if not done simply for "reproducing". Sorry that your apparent outlook on life (for whatever unfortunate reason) prohibits you from not being so narrow minded/judgmental.
    Point 1 racist
    point 2 if you say so
    point 3 yeah probably , lol
    point 4 just lol

Just go on the pill and don't worry about it
    (Probably bad advice, but then I am a little too impulsive)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaius View Post
    I've had sex for the last 20 years with many women (GFs and strangers), and never used condoms. I have not contracted any STDs or got anyone accidentally pregnant. Goes to show you don't need a condom if you know what you are doing,
    Just what is your personal anecdote supposed to prove? That it's okay not to wear condoms "if you know what you're doing?" Do you realize how terrible your advice is?

"Hrm, yes, condoms are unnecessary because if you know what you're doing, like the expert at sex that I am, you can bareback strangers and never catch an STD or get anyone pregnant. Goes to show that if any of those bad things happen to you, then you just aren't doing it right!" Ugh.

OP, if you don't really trust those condoms, then don't use them for vaginal sex. They're probably safe, but I think of those flavored ones as more of a novelty, a fun toy. I wouldn't want to actually "use" one. Just buy another box of regular condoms. Also, consider using a secondary form of birth control, just for your own peace of mind and for the sake of being as responsible as possible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast