+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Who do guys sometimes have tough time asking a girl out?

Who do guys sometimes have tough time asking a girl out?

so here's the thing. I have a guy friend and we have a common hang out activity.. like going out for drinks late night... most of the time i ask him out, and he agrees... (not a big deal for me)... now recently he texted me saying he was planning to go out... he indirectly hinted out saying like "its no fun going alone"... anyhow this time i just wanted him to take the initiative, so i played around a bit like "ok, call ur frndz and have fun"...but in the end he just ended up saying that it was too late to go (though we used to always head out late night)...my question is we dont have anything going on...and its often for this late night hang out only we meet (most often once a week)..we have known each other for like 4 yrs now...and i dont understand why couldn't he simply just asked if i wanted to go out??

Maybe he's developed feelings and is afraid that he doesn't seem too forward.

1. Many many girls act friendly to a guy, but they don't want to date him. Then when he asks them out, the girl is very rude. I've even heard comments "Are you kidding me? No way." Then they walk away laughing. So that's a common early experience of guys.

2. Even if younger girls, say high school age, like the guy, they are often too shy to say "yes". So, he gives up after asking only once.

3. The guy might get laughed at by the friends of the girl nearby.

4. The guy is just plain shy and inexperienced.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Well, how would you feel asking a guy that you like out on a date? Kinda nerve racking huh?

Quote Originally Posted by help_me View Post
    we have known each other for like 4 yrs now...and i dont understand why couldn't he simply just asked if i wanted to go out??
    Because you already set the dynamic of the relationship and it has you in the driver's seat. He thinks that if you're interested in going out then you will ask. It's a bad idea for women to start asking a guy out, friendship or otherwise if she wants a man who will take charge.