+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I come off so robotic in my messages. Any tips?

I come off so robotic in my messages. Any tips?

I'm somewhat new to online dating. One thing I have noticed is that I tend to come off very robotic in my messages. Now I have a GREAT sense of humor and personality, many people have told me I do and that I should be a comedian, but going through the messages I have sent out, or conversations I have had, I come off like the most dullest person ever.

I'm trying to get to know the girl, so I'm asking questions and such but that's all I do.

Here's a couple of examples

1)Oh I love science fiction books myself. The author “” “” is one of my favorites

Do you have any specific movies you enjoy watching?

2)Yes, comedies are my favortie but I really don't mind any type

I see you have a wide range of music taste, do you ever attend concerts?

To me I'm not just translating my personality in these messages. I understand it's somewhat hard to do that online and it's better to meet someone face to face and gauge the chemistry, but are you really going to want to meet someone that just comes off boring and lifeless?

So could I have some hints on how to come off more engaging and how to get to know the girl without just asking a bunch of questions?

Maybe a message YOU would send so I would have an idea on what I'm doing wrong and how I could improve my messages?

I mean part of me almost wants to put in a message “Sorry if I'm coming off dull, my personality just doesn't come off in these messages.”

Ok here is an example "Hey that's awesome you are so into music. So what concerts have you been too?"

"I'm totally into science fiction....I do quite a bit of reading....one of my favs is The Left Hand Of Darkness but hey I don't want to bore you with that lol ......so what are up to tonight? Want to go hang out?"

You need to be more casual....you sound like you are 50 years old......you are too formal using wording like "attend" "specific" Use things like "been to" "what movies are you into?"