+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why make fun?

Why make fun?

I'm just curious to know why it is that when a guy likes a girl he makes fun of her? Not in a nasty way but in a sort of playful way, like mimicking what she says or putting her down all the time. Like when they've just met and the guy likes the girl but instead of paying her compliments he will, say, make fun of how she speaks or say things which make her think that maybe he doesn't really like her when actually he's really into her. This is what guys do, right?

Yes, it's true. I do this all the time... but not being a parrot. I just bust their balls, make fun of her... and myself. I just cant be bothered to do that with girls I don't like.

Most guys in general give compliments to a girl they like, but if they're 1 out of the 10000 guys who does exactly the opposite, makes fun of you etc... it makes this guy stand out.

Which is why you posted this thread to begin with, perhaps?

I HATE guys who make fun of me.... it makes me feel self conscious and i don't find it amusing. I find older men don't play that way.... they aren't scared to be straight up and give me a nice compliment.

What if the guy you like, makes fun of you?

^ I guess in highschool it was common and alright. When your out of highschool and more mature, making fun of a woman is not a way to win her heart. Now that i'm older, i don't have time to be playing games like that

Some guys take playful teasing a little too far. We are trying to be clever, funny, and stand out. Girls have all kinds of guys go up to them/pursue them. So we have to try extra hard to stand out to you. Some guys don't switch it off when they should.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Its a way of testing how much of his shit she'll put up with if they go longterm. Just tease him back. Sense of humor, all that. Its important.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

My boyfriend once told me "It's easier for me to say something mean to you than to say something nice." When I asked why, he said he didn't know...

Only immature guys do that. And that's one way to spot them and avoid them.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Ask him if he's one of David DeAngelo's cocky comedy program graduate

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    Ask him if he's one of David DeAngelo's cocky comedy program graduate
    PUA in training? lol

What's PUA in plain English?
    Meant my previous comment above as a joke btw
    Last edited by E.T.; 13-12-11 at 09:18 PM.

Pick up artist. David D was into that before he switched to more of a life-style motivational speaker

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Its a way of testing how much of his shit she'll put up with if they go longterm. Just tease him back. Sense of humor, all that. Its important.
    Absolutely, 100% this.

I definitely use light teasing, especially early on - to gauge sensitivity levels. If you can't handle that, you're not going to be able to handle a relationship.

This behavior is part of "pick up". Being a little cocky, and doing a little teasing is a way to get your attention. It's a safer way to make contact without coming on sexually....it's a way to get you to be comfortable around them....playfulness.

I believe it all starts on the play ground in preschool....when you went up to a boy and punched him in the arm because you liked him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast