+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Boyfriend's friend?

Boyfriend's friend?

My boyfriend and I were at the mall last week. He’s briefly mentioned the two girls who happened to also be at the mall with their friends at the time too so they ran up to my boyfriend and said hi and that’s the first time I met them. When I was introduced to the girls they told me how my boyfriend talks about me all the time and how he’s showed them pictures of me.

Before, a few months ago, my boyfriend would randomly mention how two girls when he showed them what I looked like said I was very pretty/hot and “made aggressive smiling faces” as if meaning they found me sexually attractive (even though they both have boyfriends). But after the girls left after saying “hi” to my boyfriend at the mall last week, he told me “those are the girls who think you’re hot when I showed them what you look like”. and today, my boyfriend mentioned how this Friday his friend Eric wanted to go to the mall and my boyfriend asked if I wanted to go too. I asked who else was going and he said “another one of his guy friends”. But apparently other people from what I’ve seen are planning to go to the mall too that night and I’m not sure if those two girls will be there too. After he mentioned Friday’s plans again since he asked if I was ok with it (since Friday we usually just hang out alone) he started talking about the kid Eric who wanted to hang out and then he said “he’s in my class, actually all those kids we saw at the mall last week are. like what’s her face... Lauren (one of the two girls who I met at the mall) yeah, she said that the pictures I showed her of you aren’t even comparable to how you look in person, she said you look so much better in person and how the pictures don't do any justice to how you look in person. and I thought it was sweet”.

This girl is just a friend he knows in lunch and in his art class, but he’s mentioned her a number of times. Like once a couple months ago I was bored and offered to paint my boyfriend’s nails black and he agreed cause he thought it looked neat. So after I painted them he said “there’s this girl Lauren in my art class and she’s kind of gothy and she would think this is awesome”.

I don’t get why he brings her up? Or why he tells me what she says about me? Or why a couple months ago he mentioned how she’d like his nails? I’m not sure if she’d be there Friday but she kind of makes me uncomfortable despite if she says nice things about me. advice?

I wouldnt be worried. If he's telling her about you, then theres nothing to worry about. She could just be a close friend. I have many male friends, and when they have girlfriends, I try my hardest to be nice to them, because often in these situations people feel threatened, even though theres no need to be. Shes probably just trying to make you feel ok, and that shes not interested.

He told Lauren all about you and showed Lauren pics of you. That means he's into you, not her, and your bf is just friends with Lauren. Don't worry about it. Not all guys think with their dipstick.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)