+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does my boyfriend's best friend like me?

Does my boyfriend's best friend like me?

basically I speak to my boyfriend's best friend a lot on MSN as friends. He's usually a very introverted guy but seems to tell me everything about his life and how he feels. He definitely liked me before I got with my boyfriend but I wasn't interested. I just don't know what to think. Do you think he likes me? I just don't want awkwardness..

if you really like your bf then stop talking so much to his best friend, that way nothing will materialize and everything will be fine.

if you keep chatting to him then the only thing that will happen will be bad.

it sounds like you have a thing for him though? i mean your posting this so HMmmm?

whatever you do, DONT fool around with him. you will ruin your current relationship, their friendship and most likely you wont stay with him for long anyway. if your so easily distracted that is.

As an introvert myself I find it easy to come on strong to the few people I open up to. It seems that he sees you as someone he could confide in. I spend a lot of time in my own head trying to deal with my thoughts and it feels really good when I can find someone that I'm comfortable with and is willing to listen. You should be careful with how you respond to him. He shouldn't be trying to create sparks with you if his best friend is your boyfriend. Make sure you bring up that boundary in your next chat. Keep mentioning your boyfriends name and make him know that you are committed to your boyfriend and not interested in him that way. I would hate for you to cut all communications since he is comfortable with you, but you have to make it clear to him that you are willing to listen to but he needs to respect your current relationship or you won't be able to carry on whatever relationship you two have.

If he once liked you chances are he still likes you. Now the question, do you fancy him as well (get a feeling you do or like the attention from him)? Or would you rather continue being with your boyfriend? If you want to be with your bf stop talking to this friend of his all the time. Your bf will eventually find out and won't like it. Also this 'friend' of his may feel you've been leading him on. But if you want this 'friend' more than your bf, why not break up with your guy first? Not a wise thing to do though.

Lets review the FACTS.
    1. You are fully aware he had feelings for you before you started dating your bf.
    2. While being aware of his feelings for you (no they didn't go away because you started dating his best friend) you manage to "entertain" his constant interactions with you.

Now you ask us, does he like you and you are FULLY aware that he does. Why are you really here? You know he likes you, an introverted guy who has had feelings for you since before you begin to date his best friend AND he opens up to you and you speak on a daily basis....
    What more important, the guy you weren't interested in or your relationship? It wouldn't being wise to give so much attention to a person outside of your relationship who you know has a thing for you, but I feel like you might be aware of that.

Thanks everyone. I guess he probably still likes me a bit. I'm not sure. My boyfriend is very comfortable with me talking to his friend so it's not a problem. I'm sure it's fine. I'll try and avoid talking to him as much.