+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's with women calling their selves "nerdy"? when in reality..

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Not really: apparently 40% of gamers are girls. Not to mention gaming has transformed from nerd-centric habit to more socially acceptable. It's an uber mainstream thing now.
    i used to be a female hard core gamer before it became mainstream. life has kicked all nerdism out of me...oh wait, no, i grew up.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

sadie_genie Guest
    "Nerd" denotes a person with above average interests and brain power.

These girls declare their selves "nerds" when their interests are of the overly common, vulgar sort. I mean, it becomes evident that they're plain as vanilla in reality.
    I have no idea what "above average interests" means.

Anyway, here's my problem with these false, self-proclaiming nerds:
    Do you mean "self-proclaimed"?

By now, I'm pretty sure I've basically broadcasted the qualities I want in a girl. So when I'm on this one dating site I frequent, whenever these girls declare their selves nerdy, I think, "OK, if this is truthful, I could be myself rather than a projection."
    You use "their selves" persistently when it should be "themselves".

At first glance, I can already point out instances of improper grammar and vocabulary usage in your first two posts. You should at least be able to write accurately in simple sentences if you are going to hold yourself above others in intellect.

Some people are called nerds because they are so preoccupied with accuracy. Improving your writing will increase your chances, okay?

Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post
    I have no idea what "above average interests" means.

Do you mean "self-proclaimed"?

You use "their selves" persistently when it should be "themselves".

At first glance, I can already point out instances of improper grammar and vocabulary usage in your first two posts. You should at least be able to write accurately in simple sentences if you are going to hold yourself above others in intellect.

Some people are called nerds because they are so preoccupied with accuracy. Improving your writing will increase your chances, okay?
    "Themselves" is just stupid sounding: Sure, it is the accepted, proper word but it really doesn't make sense.

sadie_genie Guest
    "Themselves" is just stupid sounding: Sure, it is the accepted, proper word but it really doesn't make sense.
    LOL. You are a troll.

I am not a native english speaker. But shouldn't it say at least "They declare their selves as nerdy?". LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post
    LOL. You are a troll.
    Hm..I expected someone who could legitimately call me out on some errors to do more than resort to calling me a "troll."

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This thread is boring. Entertain me: So who rejected you Love? Am referring to your SN.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I read this whole thread hoping to find out what an above average interest is... If I heard the phrase 'above average interest' with no context I would assume the speaker was referring to banking.

Dude, I've been called a nerd just because I like to read. The term nerd is a lot more flexible these days and since the Big Bang Theory came on TV nerds have become kinda cool.

One last point, other than throwing around the occasional big word (and then misusing others) I am waiting for a sign of this apparently impressive intellect of yours and a clue to your non main stream tastes.... I stand by the theory that you have your head up your arse.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Although I was really tired at the time, I am fairly confident that if many can have common or blase interests that there can be above average interests. If the many enjoy vapid activities as filling up in front of the TV for hours on end, then I am sure physically engaging and/or cerebrally challenging activities can be viewed as above those.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    This thread is boring. Entertain me: So who rejected you Love? Am referring to your SN.

Hah, yeah, I know...

At this in point in time, I couldn't really attract an uggo or a beauty. Simply put, all of them.

Although I was really tired at the time, I am fairly confident that if many can have common or blase interests that there can be above average interests. If the many enjoy vapid activities as filling up in front of the TV for hours on end, then I am sure physically engaging and/or cerebrally challenging activities can be viewed as above those.
    Like what?

And by suggesting they are above average interests, you imply they are better than average. There is absolutely nothing wrong with television. There are many interesting and informative shows to be found and relaxing to a good comedy is a fantastic way to spend half an hour.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

"Good comedy" is not something found on American TV, that's a certainty. There is plenty wrong with TV, hence why I don't watch it.

No, there is plenty wrong with a large amount of shows that are displayed on TV. Being an Aussie I am lucky enough to get a wide variety of shows from various countries to watch and I will admit the ones that actually make me laugh out loud are Brittish or Aussie. And yes I like some of the 'stupid' shows too, like Family Guy and the Simpsons but that is mostly because I am a huge fan of all things animated.

I just realised that yet again you have dodged the "what is an above average interest?" question again. In your last thread you dodged the 'important' questions too. I back the call of troll. I don't think you have the problems you mention. I think you are looking for a chat but only if it's about you and your interests. Until you can actually answer what you are asked I choose to waste no further time on you.

I basically summed that up several posts above. But you can continue ignoring pertinent posts and being angry if you like.

The irony of that final sentence is that I am positive you will respond, thus "wasting your time."

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    At this in point in time, I couldn't really attract an uggo or a beauty. Simply put, all of them.
    Oh come on, they say there is someone for everyone. How about this looker:

Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast