+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's with women calling their selves "nerdy"? when in reality..

What's with women calling their selves "nerdy"? when in reality..

..they're clearly not, thus misrepresenting nerd-dom.

OK, part of that is just being ironic, the other is submitting to you another of my brilliant insights into women (I'm like Mel Gibson's character in "What a Girl Wants", except I don't know how to interact with them).

Anyway, here's my problem with these false, self-proclaiming nerds:

By now, I'm pretty sure I've basically broadcasted the qualities I want in a girl. So when I'm on this one dating site I frequent, whenever these girls declare their selves nerdy, I think, "OK, if this is truthful, I could be myself rather than a projection."

*buzzer* I don't know who they hope to attract with that other than real nerds. As far as nerds go, I'm not ugly or stereotypical; hell, I tend to pass for an average person before speaking.

To recapitulate, girls mislead us REAL hopeless romantics (hey, another phrase that grinds my gears due its erroneous use, 'cuz us nerds are the only REAL hopeless romantics). So, no matter my daring, no matter how simplified, no matter how perfectly composed my conversation starter messages are, it's all gloom and doom....until cyborg relations.

I ask for clarification here. What is your definition of a nerd? Why do you define yourself as a nerd? Finally, what makes you think that these women you talk to online aren't as "nerdy" as you are?
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world.

“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu

"Nerd" denotes a person with above average interests and brain power.

These girls declare their selves "nerds" when their interests are of the overly common, vulgar sort. I mean, it becomes evident that they're plain as vanilla in reality.

And lastly, whenever I try getting a discussion based on the interests they post, it soon becomes apparent that they don't know the first thing about any of them.

Oy vey!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    You forgot about the awkward social skills. Maybe the girls you talk to just feel awkward socially.

Also, who gets to decide what interests are "above average"? I mean, a lot of people call themselves wine connoisseurs because they want to appear classy or "above average", when in my experience, they are often simply drunks that have expensive taste.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    HAHAHAHA. Above average interests. You idiot.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Hahahahahaha.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Are you an old regular poster, now posting under a new name?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

If you're talking to me, no, I've never had a previous account on this site.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Girls say 'nerd' when they mean studious, I think. Which is about as boring as it comes, so I understand your frustation, LJ.

If you are looking for an interesting, intelligent girl I suggest you post the following:

Has used a breadboard outside a kitchen, uses powertools that require bolting to a floor, knows how to smelt their own metal and can explain f(x) outside of a hollywood action flick.

If she's hot, then you are good to go. Good luck, these women can also be high-maintenance (tho not always).
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Girls say 'nerd' when they mean studious, I think. Which is about as boring as it comes, so I understand your frustation, LJ.
    Well said!

I play video games. Is that nerdy?

Not really: apparently 40% of gamers are girls. Not to mention gaming has transformed from nerd-centric habit to more socially acceptable. It's an uber mainstream thing now.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    All hard-core gamers are nerds.

sadie_genie Guest
    Maybe you have a problem finding authentic nerdy girls because they are turned off by your improper use of vocabulary.

Aside from perhaps a few forgivable instances, I highly doubt there is any credibility to that statement.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast