+ Follow This Topic

Thread: HS Ex, recently came back into my life, confused.

HS Ex, recently came back into my life, confused.

Hello guys and gals,

Forgive me if this is long, but I really need some advice here as I am at a loss on what to do.

Back 14 years ago I fell (first love) in love with this girl, we became best friends, and ended up dating the following summer. The relationship ended about 8 months later, and I did not talk to her again for a good 2 years. We talked a few times in the past 14 years, but never really "got back in touch." Well, I looked her up again and decided to see her, she does have a boyfriend, which is fine as I just wanted to keep a friend I lost a long time ago. To my surprise her old HS personality was back, and we became excellent friends again.

Heres the bad part, I fell in love with her again, and I did not want to as I was over her a long time ago. I have had multiple serious relationships over the years. Now, I think I am over analyzing everything, but it is driving me crazy.

A few days ago we went out for a few drinks with a friend of hers. She got drunk( the ex), and when we got back to my 2 door car, we both playfully fought over the cigarette lighter, she had her face right next to mine and was staring at me right in the eyes, If she did not have a BF I would have kissed her. But, I turned my face but kept eye contact, she then bit me on the cheek and hand. While I was driving her home she passed out and was cold, I took my jacket and put it over her. She then started playing with the sleeve of my shirt and rubbing my arm a little. With her other hand she would rub it with her finger everytime my hand got close. She told me too "you still smell the same." I then took her to her home, and left. On other occasions when I drop her off she hugs and kisses me on the cheek..

Is it me or she just being friendly or something else. I really do not want to cause problems with her BF as he is a good guy and takes care of her. I am wondering if I should stop hanging out with her, tell her how I feel, or just wait untill her relationship goes south? I do not want to sabotage the relationship at all, and that is not my intention.

Thanks for your time, and let me know what you think.
    Last edited by sdf1; 30-12-11 at 04:23 AM.

Anything? I am at a huge loss on what to do.

she was highly intoxicated. People do stupid things that they will regret

The logical thing to do is to talk with her...just you and her and find out what's going on. The night she was drunk was a difference situation because she was drunk. But as far as being touchy feeling to you, that can mean she's flirting with you, or she's just being friendly. Have a talk, and no not a text talk...I'm talking face to face. You don't have to put all of your feeling out there about feeling like you're falling in love with her all over again, but just simply ask what you are to her. Are you just friends? Do you want to be more than friends? You can let her know that you care about her a lot, but DO NOT tell her you love her. Take it from there. If she wants to just be friends with you then as hard as it may be you're just going to have to control your deep feelings you have for her.

People do things when they're drunk that they're too inhibited to do when sober. That doesn't mean she really wants to be with you, it means that in some way that notion is appealing to her - she may have thought about it and rejected it for perfectly valid reasons. Or she may not have...

Your only real option is to try actual communications with her about it.

Hey thanks for the replies!

I am wondering if it will create any awkwardness in our friendship if we talked about it, just what happened and not my feelings. I still want her as a friend, I mean we have always gotten along so great since I met her. I am also aware that I may never have another shot with her and have accepted that. She still gets jealous when girls hit on me, but thats how girls are.

She still has a boyfriend. If you don't stop seeing her, you're inviting a whole lot of drama into your life you do not want.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)