+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rough sex? Problem? HELP!

And don't forget to be safe when it comes to grabbing hair, or throats and stuff. Have fun, but use safe techniques.

Oh, and girls are different sizes just like men. I wonder if he's hitting your cervix. With the standing-man-behind position, you get real deep penetration, it's possible an average man might hit the woman's cervix. Just a possibility.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

It's been days now and the bleeding is typical at this point to what it's been before when I'd experience breakthrough bleeding with this birth control pill. Sex was rougher that day and it didn't hurt while we had sex but I just wasn't sure if by chance it could have been sex related. But the bleeding is coincidental and not related to any sort of injury.

I had to make an appointment with mr Dr. but I do intend to switch pills. Hopefully a new type of birth control would help this issue.

When I was on the depoprovera shot rough sex would cause bleeding for me. I was spotting a lot on the depo so I put it down to the fact that pushing on my cervix just made the weak lining come out more if that makes sense.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

It makes sense. I could ask my Dr. if that's a possibility in my case or in general if that's possible. The earliest I could get an appointment was Jan 9th so I deal with the bleeding as I have before when it's happened til then basically. Every time I've had breakthrough bleeding on this pill it's seemed to last the rest of the duration of the pack and wouldn't stop until I'd start a new pack. I suppose something happens on the red pills where the hormone levels drop to a point to where when I start another pack even though it's low dose it is enough after the inactive pills to cease the bleeding.

I've had rougher sex before though and have been trying the standing position for a few weeks now and the first few times in that position it was pretty deep and I hadn't bled then despite it being deep. Doggy can get pretty deep too and that's never made me bleed either. So I don't think in my case being deeper necessarily caused the bleeding or has in the past. It's just some coincidence this time and also an odd pattern that every other month this happens to me from the pill and also during the 2nd week in the pack which I was in the 2nd week of the pack (well the end of it) when this started. Since then the cramps and bleeding haven't been as bad but that's the thing, when this happens some days are better than others. I don't think it's ever stopped til I start a new pack but if this continues to get a little better each day like it has today then maybe this time it could cease within a few more days. I have doubts though since every other time it's lasted til the end of the pack (which is close to around 2 weeks of bleeding each time this happens).

I'll see what happens til my appointment. In the mean time I'll deal with the bleeding as I have before in the past when this has happened. I try not to let it bother me or get in the way of anything although it's annoying as hell and I'm fed up with having to deal with it. I can't take having one good/normal month and then the next filled with bleeding randomly and in the middle of the pack all the way til the end of the pack. I'd hope a new stronger pill would at least help keep the lining in check and that I wouldn't have to keep dealing with this.

It certainly can be annoying. When I was on the depo it got to a point where I didn't want sex because it seemed to set of the bleeding (also for around the 2 week mark) It always seemed though having a proper period would stop the bleeding for a few days or so. Hopefully your doctor will have some answers for you.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

it's not so bad now, other times it'd be almost like a full blown heavy period for the whole 2 week+ duration of the rest of the pack when the bleeding would start. Now it's only a little when I go to the bathroom.

I'm taking a low dose pill, I am just nervous that when I get a stronger pill or an adjustment if this breakthrough bleeding would continue to happen regardless.

Has anyone switched to another birth control pill or shot after having breakthrough bleeding? Did it help or make the problem stop?

Yes but it's not a higher dose you need .Like I said before you may need a lower dosage or a different brand....some brands use different hormones, so you maybe having an imbalance. You had all week to go to a doctor....why are you still on here posting the same questions?

And yes it did fix it...I went to a lower dosage. So I know what I am talking about. I was on the pill for over 25 years.

After the depo I tried many pills. The best I ever had was Yasmin. I only went off it because I got sick of the daily pill taking and the regular pregnancy scares. Now I have an IUS and it's been fantastic. I'm still in the first 6 months so I still get some irregular bleeding but my actual period is lighter and will possibly disappear. Only downside, they prefer not to give out to women that haven't finished breeding and/or aren't in a monotonous relationship. There is a risk of infection that increases with multiple partners. Also, the chances of eptopic (sp?) pregnancy.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Yes but it's not a higher dose you need .Like I said before you may need a lower dosage or a different brand....some brands use different hormones, so you maybe having an imbalance. You had all week to go to a doctor....why are you still on here posting the same questions?

And yes it did fix it...I went to a lower dosage. So I know what I am talking about. I was on the pill for over 25 years.
    Uhmm despite having "all week", I already made an appointment to see my gyn. Days ago I called.They scheduled me for January 9th it's the earliest they could see me. I am on here in the mean time asking advice til that point.
    Last edited by Twiz; 02-01-12 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    After the depo I tried many pills. The best I ever had was Yasmin. I only went off it because I got sick of the daily pill taking and the regular pregnancy scares. Now I have an IUS and it's been fantastic. I'm still in the first 6 months so I still get some irregular bleeding but my actual period is lighter and will possibly disappear. Only downside, they prefer not to give out to women that haven't finished breeding and/or aren't in a monotonous relationship. There is a risk of infection that increases with multiple partners. Also, the chances of eptopic (sp?) pregnancy.
    I don't mind the daily pill taking but I am sure if I didn't get a period for more than 2 months on a pill for more than a couple occasions I'd want to consider something else too. But I remember seeing commercials for that pill, wasn't it advertising that the pill has only 4 periods when taking it? I don't exactly recall, it could've been that brand or something similar. I know one of them is only supposed to decrease periods down to 4 a year. That would make me so anxious so that pill I don't think would be right for me.

But an adjustment in brand or dosage I'm sure could help. My Dr. would know my options of course. I am just on here seeing if women experienced similar issues or if when they switched to another type of birth control if it was better or helped.

Yasmin never stopped my period. Out of the 2 friends I know that tried it, it stopped one girls period but she had never had a problem with any sort of irregular bleeding. The other had had the same reaction to the depo shot that I had.

I'm going to my Dr. tomorrow so I will find out what's best :O

I was switched to something called "Safyral". I've never heard of it. I found it odd since the website says "Safyral combines YASMIN with a B vitamin, folate". Uhmm, Folate? It states, "The pill provides a daily dose of folate supplementation, which is recommended for women in their reproductive years. Folate lowers the risk of having rare neural tube birth defects in a pregnancy occurring during Safyral use or shortly after stopping". Well it almost makes me wonder if the Folate is completely necessary, I don't intend to become pregnant on the pill or "just in case" it happens, so that sort of made me think "what the hell". But I suppose it's good when I would want to conceive.... years from now. It just seems odd but as long as it's effective in preventing pregnancy I'm happy. I don't know if it's stronger or low dose like Loestrin24fe but my Dr. said it's a different combination of hormones so it should help to keep the lining in check as it's supposed to. The site also states "SAFYRAL and YASMIN each contain drospirenone, a different kind of hormone that for some may increase potassium too much." Oh great, so what I don't eat bananas now in fear of some crazy potassium overload? Also, apparently ibuprofen (MotrinŽ, AdvilŽ), naproxen (AleveŽ and others) can increase potassium too, but I think it meant daily/longterm use of those and not occasional? I'd hate to have a headache or cramps or something and be afraid to take a damn Motrin. Anyone else heard of this pill or taken it?

I asked if the breakthrough bleeding is something that can happen to women no matter what dosage. She said it's unlikely because at some point they find a pill with the right mix that works. So I have 3 months worth of this new pill. Hopefully this works better. If not I'll keep trying new pills til I find one that'd work best for me.

I know I keep posting but with every little thing I am curious about. Especially since I have been trying to figure out the right birth control, I'm still getting used to it.

On Safyral so far it's been really good. I'm into my 3rd month on it. Though today I noticed some spotting. It was brown so it was old blood, but there was a decent amount of it. It kind of freaked me out cause I was thinking, "I don't want this problem to happen again!". So I am not sure if it's normal to have some random spotting like that especially since I'm only 3 months into this new pill, or if my issue would be happening again. I was fine the first and second months on this pill. But I've had some stress in the last couple weeks and wasn't sure if stress could cause some breakthrough bleeding. I guess I'll wait it out and see what happens. But I was curious if this seems normal or has happened to anyone under stress on birth control or if it's just from starting a new pill in general. I'm not sure if I should look into switching again or if this is common to happen when switching or stress. I know you guys aren't doctors, but I just like input from people who may have had similar experiences.

Go on the google net and ask your question.....you will get better answers there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12