+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rough sex? Problem? HELP!

Rough sex? Problem? HELP!

** Excuse everything I am about to explain. It gets a bit graphic but I need some advice/help! **

It's not my first time, my boyfriend and I have been having sex for a while now (almost a year). Recently we've been more into standing positions because of how they feel but it's rougher and faster that way also. Tonight it was a little longer and a little more rougher than usual. When he first went in me tonight it almost felt as if my hymen was still intact because he went in fine but it still felt like there was something in the way. It was an odd feeling but not uncomfortable. We moved to a standing position and it was more rough and lasted longer than usual. Again, it was not uncomfortable but at times felt like a pressure or as if he was "hitting" something. But that's how it usually feels whenever we do a standing position. And when my hymen broke it was not the first time I had sex, but the second time I had sex (this was months ago) was when I bled and felt my hymen break. Unless it's possible some of it was still in tact? But I highly doubt it. I didn't bleed right away after sex or feel uncomfortable. But later as the night went on I felt sort of crampy and when I went to the bathroom hours later and wiped I noticed it was sort of orangey with a little streak of pink. I know it can't be my period because it's not due for a couple weeks. It also can't be related to pregnancy because I take birth control, have for months now, never miss a pill, and take it the same time every single day, plus my boyfriend and I use condoms along with the pill.

Here's the confusing thing though. I can't tell what it is because I take a low dose birth control pill. Since the first few months of starting it (back in June) I'd get breakthrough bleeding randomly in the middle of a pack and it'd happen seemingly every other month. I asked my doctor and they said it'd take about almost 4 packs for that to stop and how my body needed to adjust. I'm on my 5th or maybe 6th pack now? And not sure if the pill is causing bleeding now or if it was from the sex. Usually when it's from the pill it starts out brown, but this was a little orangeish and had slight pinkish streaks. I'm not sure if this is something that will go away or if it's just from the pill again. I don't know what to do or what to think about it.

Has rougher sex ever made you bleed afterwards? When did it stop? What do you think this is?

Go back to your doctor....it sounds like you need the dosage adjusted.

Either that or possibly you have a tampon stuck up there.....get a PAP test just to be sure everything is ok.

There is no tampon stuck anywhere. I am not on my period and haven't been since last cycle (the red pills). I'm on my new pack and about to start the third week of it and I don't know if it's coincidentally happening after the rough sex or if the rough sex made me bleed or possibly slightly tear something. My boyfriend said when he was in me he felt like he was hitting something, he went even deeper "inside" and felt something and went even more in and said he felt himself "go through it" which I'd assume he hit my cervix then. I was fine after sex that night but a few hours later noticed some sight discoloring/blood it was an orangey color with a tiny tiny bit of pink, barely noticeable. I went to the bathroom a few more times that night and didn't notice anything. The morning I woke up and there was nothing either. And bleeding after any sort of sex has never happened before! Just last night when I assume he hit my cervix and was really deep. I was fine all today til I had sex again. It was sort of uncomfortable this time as my boyfriend and I were. during sex I noticed a small slight (very small amount) of orangey colored discharge, but after that any of the discharge while having sex was the usual color. After sex I was fine. Til a few hours later again I noticed some cramping and blood and this time it was red and a little more.

But it's so confusing because I've had bleeding issues on this damn birth control too. I don't know if it's coincidental. But I feel like the breakthrough bleeding would be more constant and heavy by now? Any other time breakthrough bleeding occurred from the pill it would start as spotting and then get heavier like a period. This isn't really heavy and is more red now, but random discharges, not constant as a flow as what normally happens when I experience the breakthrough bleeding from the pill. So something seems different this time?

I don't know if it's the pill or the sex. I don't know what to do but I'm confused of what it is or if it'll stop :/

It's called "go see a medical professional" because you can't possibly get proper answers from a bunch of strangers on the net. If your doctor can't give you any answers seek out another doctor.

More than likely you need to change your birth control....every woman is different and responds differently to the pill. And I have never heard of anyone bleeding from rough sex....maybe if you were violently raped where you were not lubricated, it could be a possibility....just remember a baby can come out of there np...if you were getting ripped you sure as hell would be in a lot of pain and be rushing yourself to the emergency room.

Of course I could call my gyn but I wanted other people's input or thoughts first. Plus it's Christmas I'd have to wait to call anyway so I wanted to see if other people had similar experiences or maybe if anyone could offer advice in the mean time.

I don't know if it's from the pill. Because it's not like a flow like what usually happens when I spot on the pill and it seems to have happened the last couple times I have had sex. The first time it happened was a few hours after it was really rough. Then yesterday when I had sex again a few hours later the same thing happened. But as far as through out those days went I was fine til I had sex. And that's never happened before to me with sex. I'd assume it was irritating something or just really deep.

So today I went to the bathroom a few times and noticed some brownish spotting when wiping. Only occasionally though it's not a constant thing or it wasn't every single time I went. So it's brown as if it's old blood. I don't think it'd be spotting caused by the pill because any other time that's happened it's picked up and gotten worse and red and more of a flow. This is a few drops here and there and not every time I go to the bathroom mostly when I have to push for making bowl movements and it's a few drips and brown. I asked my mother's opinion and she said it sounds like it's just irritated. It seems like ever since the rough sex it's been irritated. Yesterday when I had sex again is when a few hours later it happened again/more bleeding. Today it is not as bad and a few drips here and there and not red like fresh blood. My question is, how long do you think it would take to heal in that case to where I could have sex and not cause even more irritation to it (cause yesterday it seemed to aggravate it a little). I'd like to know an estimate of when this would totally heal and where I could have sex again and not worry about bleeding hours later or discomfort.

OK I did some reading and the majority of the answers is that there is nothing to worry about. There are a few suggestions like, use a good quality lube, and also give the sex a rest so you can heal, as quoted by other posters about 2 to 3 days....apparently there are people like yourself that get small tears from having sex. Lube would be a good idea to start with for sure. Like I said before, the info provided on the net should not be taken as accurate medical advice.

It's just so confusing because today, this morning wasn't so bad, but it seemed to pick up a little in the middle of the day. It alternates between reddish and brown and isn't much like a flow but not exactly just a few spots either. It's like a mix of both. I don't know if it's the pill or from sex. But my boyfriend did say he "hit" something and kept going when we had sex the first night I noticed the cramping and a little blood. It didn't hurt as we had sex though that day. Just a few hours later. So it could be some sort of tear? I was fine yesterday also til we had sex again and a few hours later a little cramping and some blood. But today, I didn't have any sex and still experienced some cramping and occasional spotting/bleeding. So I really don't know? What do you think? Either way I want to call my Dr as soon as I can to get her opinion. But your opinions of course aren't medical advice but I still like to red for input in the mean time.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's probably related to the type of birth control pill you are taking. Breakthrough bleeding is a common side effect of all pills, but especially those that are progestin-only, which causes the lining of the uterus to be so thin that it sometimes sloughs off a little bit, which is inconvenient when you are having sex, but on the other hand, usually makes your periods very light (or non-existent).

If you are worried, see your doctor, who will help you decide if the benefits outweigh the side effects.

I doubt he was hitting the cervix. If he did, it wouldn't be a pleasant sensation - it would hurt like hell.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Ya I agree it's probably the birth control pill you are taking.....the pill isn't for everyone.

I'm leaning more towards it being the low dose pill. It was just confusing and scary because the bleeding happened to be hours after sex where my boyfriend said he went really deep and felt like he "hit" something. But I think if it would've been the cervix wouldn't I have been in a lot of pain during sex? and not hours later? Plus my boyfriend and I have been in the deeper positions before and it would feel a certain way but not hurt me. It'd kind of be a tickle type feeling mixed with a pressure type feeling but I've felt that almost every time in those positions so the last time we had sex and it was deeper I didn't feel anything different. But I think the sex and the bleeding is coincidental. I've had issues on this pill before and it seems to be every other month. Late June I started it and July I was fine. August happened and I had breakthrough bleeding. September came and I was fine. October happened and I had bleeding again, November came and I was fine, now it's December and there's issues again. It always seems to be around the 2nd week of the pack and it was towards the very end of the 2nd week in my current pack the bleeding started. I am pretty sure it's coincidental. Although I of course won't feel better until I'd talk to a nurse or my doctor (which I plan to call tomorrow). So far today it's still some blood, random spotting/flows but not very heavy. I haven't had sex since Saturday and Saturday when I had sex it wasn't rough at all or deeper. It's seemed to pick up a little and be a little more frequent since that point. So I don't think it'd be sex related. I'd have to assume it'd be the pill then. I want to switch to another pill.

If I switched to a higher dose pill do you think it would help?

Actually it's the opposite....you may need a lower dosage. here is a link to read more about break through bleeding.[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakthrough_bleeding[/url]

I don't know if it helps (it doesn't seem to be similar to your case if the spotting is continuing even after some days), but one time I had rougher-than-usual sex with my ex boyfriend and I did bleed a little afterwards (I wasn't on the pill). I then went to my gynecologist and she told me that it's normal, because sometimes, when sex is rougher than usual, it can "scratch" you, so you may bleed (as you would if you scratched any other part of your body). I only lost very small amounts of blood, and it only lasted for at most one day after sex.

I think if the spotting doesn't stop you should talk to your doctor.

I'm on loestrin24fe. I'd assume it's a low estrogen pill, assuming due to its name, clearly. I guess it's possible I need something with a more balanced formulation of hormones? Or a stronger pill in general. I read a lot of things where women had issues on low dose birth control and spotting (especially loestrin24fe). At first I wasn't sure if sex could have caused it this time. But I haven't had sex for two days now and the bleeding randomly continues and is now red so it's most likely from the pill. I've had this issue before on the pill it's just odd coincidentally after sex that one night it happened but oh well. I will see what my Dr says when I call.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast