+ Follow This Topic

Thread: writing a love letter :)

writing a love letter :)

Do love letters ever work? i have a crush on someone and she thinks im a nice guy but i don't know if she would to go out with me. I asked her along time ago and she said no.. but she also flirts with me sometimes and looks into my eyes. So i want to write her a letter, i don't get to see her only on facebook now as she changed jobs and we don't really chatt very much. But i somtimes think about her and how i enjoyed being close to her. So if i wrote a very honest, very humble letter, do you think she would go out on a date? .. i'm willing to take a chance on looking like a fool!
    Last edited by loverman1; 04-01-12 at 12:08 AM.

ofcourse love letters are sweet and i personally love getting them.....as long as you dont get to crazy with it like it is best not to toss in the love word when talking about her considering you guys are just friends right now....it might scare her aways just be simple and say how you enjoy her time and that you want somthing more out of your friendship with her....so go ahead i think she will love it!!! Goodluck!!!!

Love letters, IMO, are too much too soon, and may creep her out. You don't even date her yet, why write a love letter?
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

She already said no

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Love letters are sweet *after* you are in a relationship. Not to get one. The vast majority of girls would be creeped out and the rest are probably crazy.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Yeah, probably better after you start dating someone. I had a gf in college (before cellphones and email) and we wrote each other every day while I was in summer school in another state. It was fun and it made me feel good to received a letter every day from my honey.

thank for your all your replies.

I should of said that i don't intened to tell her i love her or anything because i don't, but to tell her that i sometimes think about her and i remember how much i enjoyed her company. I just want to ask if she wants to see me again and to maybe hang-out one day. If she says no then i have lost nothing and i would never bother her again. How does that sound ? its more like a friendly note rarther than a love letter.

Cut to the chase and ask her out. A note/letter would be a bit over the top. Love letters are when you are in a relationship.
    JUST ASK HER OUT AND STOP PISSING ABOUT.