+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He wants me to lose weight

He wants me to lose weight

I had a talk with my boyfriend today. He said he would be more attracted to me if I lost weight. I am 5' 7" and 130 lbs and don't think I'm overweight. I could lose a little bit and be happy with myself but his comment deeply hurt me. He said he prefers "skinny" girls. Well the least I've ever weighed was 116 and I just don't look healthy that way.
    What do you guys think? Should I got ahead and lose some weight for him or is he being irrational?

Can't say without pics. You could be a normal weight but have a fat gut. Do you go the gym, are you in shape?
    "Never make someone your priority, when to them you are only an option"

I've just looked up a BMI index and you're on the light side of 'normal'. So unless your weight is concentrated in a particular place I'd tell him to get lost. Or tell him you'd prefer him if he had a larger penis or could last a little bit longer in bed.
    He sounds like a selfish cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by steviej View Post
    Can't say without pics. You could be a normal weight but have a fat gut. Do you go the gym, are you in shape?
    [url]http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/309716_10150441896141425_503116424_10760713_207122 3423_n.jpg[/url]
    No I don't have a fat gut. My weight goes to my thighs I guess so I could stand to tone up there. I'm just worried my weight will never be low enough for him, nor would I want it to be if it meant I was unhealthy and underweight.
    Last edited by alicehardt; 09-01-12 at 04:07 AM.

Heh... you're too skinny for me.

Tell him to get lost. He's either happy with you the way you are, or he can pound sand.

Your photo seems fine. He is a git. Obviously.

tell him he can go f*ck himself. As you get older, the likelihood of you losing weight is not happening

Your not fat! how much weight does he want you to lose??
    How long have you been together?
    Did you gain weight ever since you've been together?

don't eat anything. then when you do, make yourself vomit it up. then get married and have ten kids.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Wow. You look fine to me. I'd go as far as saying well in proportion from that pic. I agree with whoever said to tell him you'd like him to have a bigger cock.

Sounds like he wants you to look anorexic.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Agreed that from the pic at least you look in proportion, certainly not overweight.
    Sounds like your boyfriend has a skinny girl fetish.
    Tell him you have a black guy with 11" cock fetish, see how he reacts.
    "Never make someone your priority, when to them you are only an option"

His request is demeaning. No guy is worth dating who is willing to treat you like that. You better think this over....if you have any self worth you would dump his ass.

I saw your pic, you are not fat. You are nice looking. Maybe he is looking for a model with six-pack abs? Does HE have six-pack abs? If he doesn't, he shouldn't ask for what he ain't got. I think sometimes guys get caught up in searching for, or making, their fantasy girl, the perfect girl for them. A hot bisexual chick who pole dances, or some silliness. I hope he gets out of this rut.

I mean if you were so heavy you were a danger to yourself, as in, you'd probably die of a heart attack in your 50s, then it might be a reasonable request. You are not fat at all. You are just right.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

If you are happy with the way you look then you should tell him he can go f uck himself.

Thanks for the comments everyone, you told me what I already knew, but it's good to hear I wasn't overreacting to his comment. After this post I told him how much his comment bothered me. He said it was a big mistake on his part to say that and that he only meant he wanted me to find fitness (since he is very active). He told me I shouldn't be losing weight to please him anyway. So I guess he's showed some remorse and he's been checking on my feeling ever since we talked last.

Despite his apology, I'm still feeling pretty crummy about it and super self conscious. No one has ever hinted at me that they thought I was fat...
    Last edited by alicehardt; 09-01-12 at 10:13 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast